41 and can't stop eating crap!

Options
I used to be able to lose weight quickly for holiday...not anymore just keep putting it on! Started here for motivation and fitness. Join me and I'll support you too!

Replies

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    45 was my magic age.

I am in the best shape of my life and can't even imagine a week where I was not active and exercising. I am 46 now and I lift weights.

When I gained about15 pounds last year, it took me 2 months of logging and trying to figure out diet changes I needed. After that I started loosing and now I exercise only for my sanity..
  • Gabrielm80
    Gabrielm80 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    I had that problem at 30 my body just flipped metabolism on me. I use to be able to work out for a week and drop 10 pounds no it takes months and months of hard work and that's still not guaranteed
  • Gabrielm80
    Gabrielm80 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    Shoot me a friend invite if you want.
  • rd82716
    rd82716 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm 41 and heavier than I have ever been. I get out of breath going from the basement to the main level of my house. Started out this week by cutting Mt Dew from my drinking and adding light exercise. It has been a rough week.
  • sandraberns
    sandraberns Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    It's a great start! Tried warehouse boot camp it was hardest thing ever done. Legs like jelly!
  • rd82716
    Options
    Pretty sure that would kill me at this point.
  • sandraberns
    Options
    Great thing is you go at your own pace. I'm amazed at what I managed think I will pay for it tomorrow!
  • rd82716
    Options
    First week of June my son has an airsoft event that I get to take part in. My first short term goal is being able to hike up and down hills for a couple of days for that. Going to start some jogging next week.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I gained two sizes the year I turned 45. Not to be depressing, but it gets harder and harder to lose weight the older you get. The GOOD news is that it can be done. It takes way longer, though, and takes a lot more dedication and work. Starting now is good!
  • sandraberns
    Options
    Have had my first really good day today but feeling sore after yesterday! Am determined to lose a bit. Kept active and kept to calories! Feeling pleased with self. Thanks to all out there who have messaged me xx x
  • rd82716
    Options
    Keep going. That is the most important element. Keep on keeping on. I had some Mt Dew today and it still tastes good. But I'm looking forward to another week of just drinking water with meals.
  • praksindiafit
    praksindiafit Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me... always good motivate each other
  • rd82716
    Options
    Going to up the exercise level this week with my first jog in a LONG time on Saturday. Last time I "ran" was a pathetic 5k that I finished in 45 minutes back in October. Monday through Friday are a lot of body weight exercises to make my muscles remember how to work together.
  • Scott_Baldwin
    Scott_Baldwin Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Consider creating a "Why" list--something on paper or in a document. Why do you want to lose the weight/get fit. When on paper or saved in a document it is something you can reference when you are struggling with a good/bad meal choice or to/not to workout. I made one 1/9/2013 and it helped me a lot. I went from almost 290 down to 165 by this time last summer. Unfortunately, twice now I have hit my goal and became complacent and had to/am working to get back there. I let my self get to 220 again but mid-last month both my wife and got very focused again. I am down 203. I still reference my why list a lot. It is a reminder of the struggles I had, and some that have come back. I also listed my goals and obstacles that caused to fail in the past. I have mine posted on my profile page and should be viewable to everyone if interested...

My wife and I follow a very low carb diet. We are currently doing the Shaun T. Insanity Max30 program, run at last twice a week, and do evening walks too. In two weeks I will bump up the calories a little more and add additional weight-lifting again.

Anyone--feel free to send me friend request if you are active on MFP.
  • sandraberns
    Options
    Liking this idea gonna do my 'why' list now! Thank you !
  • tattoogal77
    tattoogal77 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I like the why list.

I am only 38 but I can relate to the can't stop eating crap feeling too. My friend keeps telling me I gained weight because I am stressed. Maybe I am still a little but that cannot be an excuse forever. Keep your chin up.
  • misssharron_
    misssharron_ Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi , I've always had a problem with what I eat and I just can't help myself when placed in front of my temptations. I always used to find myself feeling guilty after eating rubbish. But For the pat 2 months I've started taking whole food juiceplus capsules to help bridge the gap of what I eat and should eat and their compete shakes. Weirdly enough I've found that by making small consistent changesfound it's helped me eat clean and remain focused on working out and the shakes have been really good for post workout recovery. My dad and I take both the capsules and shakes and so far I've been able to control my cravings. And my Juice plus distributer is very handy especially when it comes to supporting me with my progress
  • sandraberns
    Options
    Wow gonna look out for these ate they American product?