when will I see a diffrence?!

Options
So I have been killing my workouts for 2 weeks straight. I completely turned my diet around and I haven't lost any weight in 2 weeks! I mean like eating salads, grilled chicken, bagel thins, special k cereals (no milk) and drinking at least 4 bottles of water a day. I bought a stationary bike I do that for an hour a day, in addition I will either dance or walk for like an extra 30 minutes daily. I'm losing motivation cause I do not see a difference. I'm 29, 5'1 and weight 185. After 3 kids I'm on a mission to get rid of this stubborn belly fat!!! Please help me!!!

Replies

• Emilia777
    Emilia777 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    You don’t mention your calorie tracking. Are you maintaining a deficit? It doesn’t matter what you eat, if you’re eating too much of it. Do you use a food scale and track all of your food in the MFP diary?
  • FatToFitDrey
    FatToFitDrey Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Oh, well I eat my limit of 1,200 calories a day. .. but when I add my exercise I'm under my limit by like 400 calories or so.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    See a difference? Depends what you mean.

1 On the scales it depends whether the sum total of your efforts means you burn more than you consume and by how much. If you are at a consistent calorific deficit then you should start to lose within a few weeks assuming your deficit is accurate.

2. See a phsyical difference then it varies for the individual. It cna come from different places and what you might no see othes may noice i.e weight off your face. The weight will come from anywhere.

Are you logging and weighing your food with a scale? How are you estimating calorie burns and are you eating them back? If so what %?

If you are doing everything right then you just need to be patient.

Btw dont be fooled by exercise, it takes an awful lot to burn 3500 calories.
  • FatToFitDrey
    FatToFitDrey Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    999tigger wrote: »
    See a difference? Depends what you mean.

Are you logging and weighing your food with a scale? How are you estimating calorie burns and are you eating them back?

I do weigh my food. I use my polar watch for calories burned. I eat my calories like once a week, if that. i try not to. I wanna to see the number on the scale go down :(
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    you've shocked your system…and most limey have temporary weight gain from working out. Water is retained in the torn muscle tissue. You'll start losing..keep up the great work
  • angeltilo
    angeltilo Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this would help you- but when I used to do Weight Watchers- it was mandatory to have 2 servings of dairy and people who tried to cut it out didn't lose as fast. Once they started eating it again it helped. Maybe you can use some of your workout calories for milk or yogurt a couple days and see?
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    If you are at a consistent deficit, then just keep doing the right things and be patient at least for another week. As far as i recall I started losing in my first week, but early days are misleading because you tend to lose water weight.

People that dont lose tend to be eating more than they think and burning less.

So it says you have lost 8lbs? So your issue its simply not moved for 2 weeks? You could be retaining water due to the new exercise, it could be tom.

Answer is be patient, weight loss isnt linear and keep doing the right things. If it doesnt move in another few weeks then drop you calories by 150 or get someone to check your logging o diary.
  • Emilia777
    Emilia777 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    ^^ this, basically. Remember that weight loss is not linear - sometimes I lose weight every week, other times nothing changes for as long as 4 weeks, and then I see a big sudden drop. Don’t let it discourage you!

If you’re not seeing results in a couple more weeks, maybe open your diary and ask for suggestions on tightening up your logging. Good luck!
  • TheLegendaryBrandonHarris
    Options
    Measure everything accurately, diligently, and honestly. And , I know it can be a hassle, but I mean everything. The oil you cook with, your coffee creamer, the mayo on your sandwich, your salad dressing.

At 185 pounds and 1200 calories a day, your weight should be dropping. Just make sure you're really at 1200 per day.

Best of luck to you, you've got a great smile!

Brandon
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Patience my friend patience.
  • ColleenG333
    ColleenG333 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started running on my treadmill every other day for six months because I didn't want to change my eating habits. I started at just getting though twenty minutes of jogging then by the fifth month I was completing 4-6 miles in about an hour. I was doing this EVERY OTHER DAY & I lost ZERO pounds! I started using My Fitness Pal religiously two months ago and lost 13 pounds even while cutting the running to three times a week and only going about two miles. I started with a 1200 calorie count, but for me at my age (early 40's) and size (5'4 start weight @ 140lbs) that wasn't enough. I scaled it down to 1000 and started to see results. It was hard at first but when you start seeing results it gets easier! I keep running because it really makes me feel better. It just didn't help me lose weight. Good Luck!
  • BlueSkyShoal
    BlueSkyShoal Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Do you weigh yourself every day, or once a week? Sometimes my weight fluctuates up to two pounds per day. If I weigh myself every day I can see the general downward trend, but there are "fluke" days when I suddenly weigh more even if I'm staying within my calories.

Keep at it, it will come. :)