questions about water intake

Options
just a quick question.

does anyone count their water in say coffee/ tea or soup into there daily water intake?

i havent been but was curious to see what others have been doing and wether it is a good idea or not. after all it is water.

Replies

• susiebower
    susiebower Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    A good rule to follow when thinking about coffee/tea - what ever the ounces of the serving, counter it by drink that amount in water to make up for it being a diuretic. I wouldn't count the coffee/tea as water, but track it under your daily calorie consumption.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Tea, coffee, soup -- they are liquids and count as water.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Coffee and tea aren't diuretic enough to negate their water content. All beverages can be counted as water intake to their full volume without any adverse consequences (alcohol might be an exception). In fact, if you were on fluid restriction for medical reasons, jello and ice cream would count as fluid intake equal to their volume.
  • 89Madeline
    89Madeline Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    No, I don't. Drinking 2L a day seemed impossible for me, but now I find it easy. Tip: start with 1 glass (300 ml) in the morning first thing. Have another 300 ml after breakfast. Now you just have 1,4 to go! Take a 1.5L bottle with you to work or around the house, and you'll find it's not so difficult. If you're still struggling, try to drink 1 glass everytime before you eat. Might also reduce hunger and calorie intake because we tend to confuse thirst with hunger :)
  • melinda3850
    melinda3850 Posts: 12 Member
    Options

appreciate the advice