lunch...did I really blow my whole day??

Options
I thought I was doing really good at lunch today, but when I tracked my food it put me way over my calories. I ate at a Mongolian grill and had chicken, beef, shrimp, and veggies. The meat really didn't look to be all that much, and I thought that since it was all grilled I was okay....but did I really just use up all my calories and more?

Replies

• britachu
    britachu Posts: 157
    Options
    Did you measure everything out correctly and double check the calorie counts? Sometimes the ones on MFP are higher/lower than actual.
  • sarah_ep
    sarah_ep Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I've done that. I got a cobb salad once thinking I was doing the right thing. It was sooo good and too good to be true and used most of my calories. I coughed up to a bad day and did what I could to make my dinner as low cal as possible and still be satisfied. Mistakes happen. Just try and make your weekly net calorie goal.
  • jraps17
    jraps17 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    If i know im going out to eat at a restaurant or take out i pre-plan and pre enter my meal just to make sure i wont go over when its all said and done and in my belly.
  • frugalmomsrock
    frugalmomsrock Posts: 1,123
    Options
    Work out extra hard to gain some back. And don't sweat it. Sometimes, we all mess up. It isn't bad, actually-keeps your body guessing. :)
  • ckisme
    ckisme Posts: 15
    Options
    You didnt blow your whole day. Ok so you are over your calorie goal for the day. Watch what you eat for dinner and get right back on the wagon tomorrow. Don't let todays choices affect you tomorrow! If you need any support, don't hesitate to reach out to me!

CK
  • bhb301
    bhb301 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Do not focus on it anymore. Move on, try to work it off today. And start over............
  • babygreen11
    babygreen11 Posts: 73
    Options
    I feel the same way right now. I was craving stupid Ramen Noodles not thinking to input it first on here. The sodium is HORRIBLE!!! I feel disgusting right now and so sad cause I have been trying to do really good. I feel like I have failed and Im so mad at myself! =/
  • JJeMitchell
    JJeMitchell Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I highly doubt you went over calories...a 3 oz serving (deck of cards) of chicken is like 110 calories, and veggies have almost nothing. An entire bowl would probably be like 60 cals. Unless you used a lot of high calorie sauces and stuff, I bet you did much better than you think! :-D

Have a plain grilled chicken breast for dinner with veggies and spinach salad (fat free dressing). It's about 200 cals. I always eat that for dinner on days I mess up!

Good luck and don't worry. I'm sure you did just fine :)
  • wintermama13
    wintermama13 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Blow your whole day? No way. Did you enjoy it? (And I don't mean the guilty feeling you had when you realized it was way over your goal calories. I mean as you savored each delicious bite of that grilled chicken,etc :) ) If so, do what the others have said, move on. Chalk it up as a treat for doing well. Maybe get in a liittle extra cardio today. Don't let it get you down though. Hope you have a great rest of your day!
  • jenn2080
    jenn2080 Posts: 10
    Options
    Thanks for all the support and advice. I think I will calculate my calories before I eat next time just to make sure.