I binge eat

Options
sarawd18
sarawd18 Posts: 5 Member
Every time I start to eat I just can't stop. Even though I'm full I'll keep going. It just taste so good sometimes. I have good days then I have really bad days when I double my set calorie intake. I workout a lot but I don't think I'll get results if I dont change my eating habits. Its so hard to stop though.

Replies

• meryl135
    meryl135 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Look into cognitive-behavioural therapy; it's really effective for addressing the feeling of a loss of control. And good luck with your journey.
  • sarawd18
    Options
    Thank you @meryl135 I'll try that
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    People binge usually eat for one of 2 reasons. Their calorie goal is too low or they're eating their feelings.
  • sarawd18
    Options
    I dont know @TavistockToad I just love the taste so much I don't stop.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    There is help for binge eating disorders. You need to see a doctor.

I love food too (alot) but I stop and wait for another day. You have something else other than "I just love the taste so much that I cannot stop".
  • 93gemmac
    93gemmac Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Would it help to plan meals and buy what you need on a daily basis/buy single serving amounts and keep the rest out of easy access?

I agree that I tend to binge eat if I haven't eaten enough- your body begins to go "Woah wait a second, STARVING. ALL THE FOOD. NOW"

What does binge eating really give you? Comfort? Distraction? Something to do? Filling an emptiness/craving for warmth and kindness?
  • carlaunderconstruction
    carlaunderconstruction Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Try reading books written by Geneen Roth, she is fantastic, and sheds a lot of light onto the various issues that some people have with food.
  • buffveganme
    buffveganme Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Try reading books written by Geneen Roth, she is fantastic, and sheds a lot of light onto the various issues that some people have with food.

I so agree - Reading her 'Women Food and Love' book was very worthwhile.