Food rut

RNewton4269
RNewton4269 Posts: 663 Member
edited September 27 in Food and Nutrition
I feel like I am falling into a food rut. Eating the same things. Day in. Day out. I need to change it up but I need some ideas. II am pretty creative in the kitchen, and love to cook.

What do some of you other folks eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner? And what are some of your go to snacks? Just need some new things to think about. I hope everyone is having a great Friday, and I wish everyone success in their weight loss goals.

Replies

• yes_i_can
    yes_i_can Posts: 419
    This morning I decided to dedicate my blog to sharing a healthy dinner recipe each day. Maybe that will provide some inspiration??
  • littlenoms
    littlenoms Posts: 46
    Breakfast:
    *Couple tbsps of peanut butter and half a banana wrapped in a whole wheat tortilla
    *Oatmeal with frozen mixed berries
    *Yogurt with berries, kiwi and 1/4 cup of Fiber Plus
    *Apples and peanut butter, with a yogurt

Lunch:
    *Chicken, avocado and mustard in a whole wheat tortilla or pita
    *Low sodium soup or chili
    *Greek style salad with feta and chicken
    *Leftovers

Dinner:
    *Turkey & Sweet Potato Sheppards Pie
    *Chicken with a side of grilled veggies and potatoes
    *Breakfast for dinner (Eggs, French Toast, etc.)
    *Rice bowls with lean protein, misc veggies

As for snacks, I eat a lot of fruit, mostly kiwis and apples. Also veggies with hummus or light ranch.

I'm pretty boring in reality :)
  • RNewton4269
    I saw that. Hopefully your recipes will inspire me. Can I request an ingredient for a recipe? I am looking for a good one for quinoa. I found one..haven't tried it yet but plan to this weekend. It is a kale and quinoa dish.
  • joanmyles
    joanmyles Posts: 14
    Perhaps you could have a look at "friends" food diarys for inspiration. I did and got some ideas.
  • yes_i_can
    yes_i_can Posts: 419
    I saw that. Hopefully your recipes will inspire me. Can I request an ingredient for a recipe? I am looking for a good one for quinoa. I found one..haven't tried it yet but plan to this weekend. It is a kale and quinoa dish.

Absolutely! I have been cutting my carbs pretty drastically, so I haven't eaten it in a while, but it is a favourite of mine... Bulgar is another one for you to try if you haven't yet - not as much protein as quinoa, but no fat. I'll post a tried and true recipe for each the quinoa and bulgar in the next couple days... one can fill in for tonight since I can't post my actual dinner (going out for sushi!)
  • RNewton4269
    Enjoy the sushi! It is one of my favorite foods..and I indulge in it as much as I can! I have eaten bulghur wheat before..and I am making tabouli salad this weekend..all fresh! I am trying to get away from eating potatoes and rice (even though I only eat brown and wild). I need to get more protein in my diet..so I am going to the grocery store this weekend and getting some chicken!
  • RNewton4269
    Good idea!!!! I will check them out...
  • KanCrav
    KanCrav Posts: 439 Member
    >
  • squeaktones
    squeaktones Posts: 195 Member
    i don't know if you have access to a best buy where you live. the one near me had the supermarket diet cook book on sale for 4.99, it has lot's of low cal yummy looking recipes. i haven't tried any yet but i will. my go to splurge is pizza. i lay out a sandwich thin then put a table spoon of pizza sauce on it. then put on some low moisture mozzarella cheese, hormel mini turkey pepperoni and a few pieces of chopped bell pepper and onion and bake in a 400 degree oven for 15 to 20 minutes. they are yummy and low calorie version to regular pizza.
This discussion has been closed.