New and need support :)

Options
I haven't worked out since 2008 so jumping in again will be hard, goal is to lose fifty pounds, at 200 and 5'8" so any secrets would be appreciated! :)

Replies

• dalaicomma
    dalaicomma Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey! Wishing you good luck on your journey, I've found that any kind of fiber helps me stay full, if that helps at all
  • AgieRN
    AgieRN Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I haven't worked out since 2008 so jumping in again will be hard, goal is to lose fifty pounds, at 200 and 5'8" so any secrets would be appreciated! :)

Hi add me, we same height and weight but with different weight loss goals. I'm doing 20-40 mins on treadmill with 1200 cals a day and not eating back my calories gained from exercising except when I'm really hungry.my goal weight is165lbs for now....
  • aleinonen386
    aleinonen386 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    dalaicomma wrote: »
    Hey! Wishing you good luck on your journey, I've found that any kind of fiber helps me stay full, if that helps at all

Thanks!
  • aleinonen386
    Options
    AgieRN wrote: »

Hi add me, we same height and weight but with different weight loss goals. I'm doing 20-40 mins on treadmill with 1200 cals a day and not eating back my calories gained from exercising except when I'm really hungry.my goal weight is165lbs for now....
    Any progress so far?
  • Jojonh22
    Jojonh22 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hello there! Welcome to MFP :) I'll add you! Last year I had my first child and just last month started getting serious about losing weight. I want to lose at least 15 pounds from the weight I was at the beginning of the year... So I have a ways to go. I started doing Zumba last month and since the weather is nice I go for walks with my son. I've lost five pounds so far with Zumba as well as trying to stay under my daily calorie intake. I know that five pounds doesn't seem like much, but I had my weekly loss set to one pound per week. My advice is to find a workout you enjoy and don't let yourself get bored, oh and portion control is good as well. You can still have some of the foods you love, just not as much in a sitting. Good luck and stay positive!
  • Jojonh22
    Jojonh22 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hello there! Welcome to MFP :) I'll add you! Last year I had my first child and just last month started getting serious about losing weight. I want to lose at least 15 pounds from the weight I was at the beginning of the year... So I have a ways to go. I started doing Zumba last month and since the weather is nice I go for walks with my son. I've lost five pounds so far with Zumba as well as trying to stay under my daily calorie intake. I know that five pounds doesn't seem like much, but I had my weekly loss set to one pound per week. My advice is to find a workout you enjoy and don't let yourself get bored, oh and portion control is good as well. You can still have some of the foods you love, just not as much in a sitting. Good luck and stay positive!
  • samthepanda
    samthepanda Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Find exercise you enjoy then you're more likely to stick at it.
  • johannpascual
    johannpascual Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm also 5'8 and my current weight is 169. I started at 178 from a few weeks ago. My target is 155. I'm in a current state where attaining that goal is easy for me. It took a few months to get where I am right now. But once you get in the zone... it becomes easier.

If you are going to run, don't run/jog for 20 minutes or more. It's a waste of time. You should do sprinting instead. It's better for your heart and burns far more calories than jogging for a long time. Sprinting is like jumping rope... gets your heart pumped like crazy for a far shorter time. So you save time. Even if you already stopped sprinting, you are still burning calories... unlike jogging. Sprinting also promotes building fast twitch muscles that looks sexier and burns even more calories. Just compare a sprinter to a marathon runner... who's sexier?

If you want more details, you can try researching on it. Just my advice.
  • johannpascual
    johannpascual Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Oh, I forgot to say... don't over do it. Haha! Ask your doctor if it's safe for you.
  • aleinonen386
    Options
    I can ride a bike for miles buy when it comes to running, it seems impossible, I can only imagine sprinting... how could I work my way into it?