I binge eat

Options
sarawd18
sarawd18 Posts: 5 Member
Every time I start to eat I just can't stop. Even though I'm full I'll keep going. It just taste so good sometimes. I have good days then I have really bad days when I double my set calorie intake. I workout a lot but I don't think I'll get results if I dont change my eating habits. Its so hard to stop though.

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    I used to eat emotionally, and could eat mountains. I found planning and prepping meals in advance helped - I'd set times for meals and only eat the food I'd prepared. I'd keep myself busy until meal time.
  • sarawd18
    sarawd18 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    While I don't agree with avoiding food, sometimes people can't do "moderation". If you know there are foods you'll just keep eating, consider getting rid of them.... Only for a while! When you get your habits under control, you might be able to have these foods in "normal portions", be satisfied and not feel the need to eat ridiculous amounts.
  • johannpascual
    johannpascual Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Try to use containers so you are always portioned. Never get 100% full.
  • mariafarrell09
    mariafarrell09 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    once you start binge eating, it is very hard to stop. i put on so much weight that i avoided looking at myself in the mirror. But then one day i decided to look in the mirror, and i was so shocked, upset and angry that i let myself get this way. Thats when i decided to start losing weight. The first week was really hard seeing all the food that i normally would just eat, but about 3 weeks in and im doing fine, i haven't cut out anything, just cut down. I even look forward to eating fruit and healthier stuff now. Also i have a rule that if i do go and stuff a chocolate bar after i have had enough food for the day, then i have to be prepared to do even more exercise. i hope we can give you more motivation and support you may want x
  • strategicchibi
    strategicchibi Posts: 38 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Oh, I do this too. It's really awful. I'll eat until I'm sick because of anxiety, depression, and borderline personality disorder. I took some herbs to stabilize hormone levels and those helped curbed my appetite somehow and re-motivated me to use this website.

Feel free to reach out to members including myself for that extra bit of positivity and guidance!
  • roseym10
    roseym10 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Oh, I do this too. It's really awful. I'll eat until I'm sick because of anxiety, depression, and borderline personality disorder. I took some herbs to stabilize hormone levels and those helped curbed my appetite somehow and re-motivated me to use this website.

Feel free to reach out to members including myself for that extra bit of positivity and guidance!

What herbs do you use to stabilize your hormone levels?