Easy salad dressings

Options
LadyFencer
LadyFencer Posts: 51 Member
I want to get away from using bottled dressings. I'm cooking for one, so I want to make small amounts. Any ideas you can share?

Replies

• notcrazychef
    notcrazychef Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Use natural yoghurt fat free as a base and then add flVours to that like balsamic vinegar , white or red wine vinegars, mustards, lime or lemon juice, fresh herbs , cucumber , spring onion
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
  • kpodaru
    kpodaru Posts: 133 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    olive oil, your choice of vinegar (apple cider, white or red vinegar, balsamic), a bit of minced fresh garlic (or you can use garlic powder), a bit of chopped fresh onion (or use onion powder), salt, pepper, dried oregano, a tiny bit of dried basil. shake, leave in fridge to chill and then pour on your salad. if i have some prepared mustard, i add a tiny bit of that as well. YUM!!!
  • LadyFencer
    LadyFencer Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Thanks. Do you have a general oil/vinegar proportion? Also, how long does it keep?
    I appreciate your looking up the thread, but it seems mostly about bottled dressing.
  • Numberwang22
    Numberwang22 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Tahini, lemon juice, garlic and water to slacken makes a nice dressing. Tahini is hellish calorific but I tend to use maybe 12g per serving... About 80 cals.
  • melnorwich
    melnorwich Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I prefer to just make salads that are really tasty without dressing. I chuck in hard boiled eggs, red onion, pancetta , crushed new potatoes etc.
  • peterjens
    peterjens Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Dijon Vinaigrette

2 T Dijon
    3/4 cup salad oil
    1/4 cup wine vinegar
    1/2 t salt
    1/4 t pepper
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I just use Dijon mustard and red wine vinegar. Don't even miss the oil. And add salt and pepper.