Absolute Best Bra Recommendations...

Options
bluiz13
bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
okay here's the deal.....all thru HS and college i had HUGE breasts....i used to wear a 46DD but didnt need the 46 just the bigger DD....anyway, in march 2000 i had a breast reduction and would do it again tomorrow as it was the best thing i have ever done to or for my body besides this transformation....

anyway, i went down to a 38D after my reduction and even at my heaviest 263 was pretty much wearing the same size bra maybe i went up to a 40D....anyway, the bras i'm wearing now are 38D still and they are just not cutting it...i love the style but they are from a plus size store, The Avenue and since i dont need to shop there anymore - wooohoooooo - i need a recommendation on where to get good quality everyday bras for my damn new body with the smaller boobie area....i know victoria's secret and i may very well venture out there but i was wondering more like kohl's or macy's but need suggestions on name brands to try and or avoid....i like regular COTTON type...the ones i love that i no longer really fit in are cotton "tshirt" type fabric....very casual but can be pretty if you get the colored ones which i have....

soooo hit me with your best suggestions so i can get to the store and get my tatas some new coverings LOL....
thanks in advance....

added....i am currently wearing the 38D bras on the tightest notch and pulled up as high as i can on the shoulder straps...

Replies

• polar5554
    polar5554 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Victoria's Secret - The INCREDIBLE Bra!!!!! NUFF said!!!
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    I feel the need to let you know that the beck number is the size of your rib cage, and the letter is the size of your breasts And it wouldnt be possible for you rib cage to drop from 46 to 38 with a boob reduction.. You must of been measured wrong.. OR have been buying the wrong size bras.. Infact having size 38D breasts suggests that you have a much larger rib cage than you should for your boob size, and therefore you have small boobs for your body....
    Your measurements do not make sense =S
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    My name is Sara and I have a Victoria Secret addiction.... LOL

So that's my suggestion, since they have the Semi-Annual sale coming up (it starts June 14th I believe in stores). You can have someone there size you and then pick out a few nice bras for under $30 each! If you wait til the sale is mostly over, all bras go down to $15.99. Usually they have a decent amount left at that point. I actually do like the selection in Kohls as well.
  • redhotmel12
    redhotmel12 Posts: 18
    Options
    I actually just got fitted at JC Penney. They even suggested types of bras for my type and preferences. Very informative too. Plus, you get a $5 off coupon just for getting fitted. Worth looking in to!
  • mrau719
    mrau719 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I'm a 36C or 34D depending on the bra...(same cup size just different band size). LOVE Victoria Secret. Just make sure you get measured wherever you go! So many women wear the wrong bra size.

Otherwise JcPennys is good. And VS does have some great cotton bras as well.
  • jrp31
    jrp31 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Wacoal makes great bras for larger busts. Those are what I have had the best luck with. They are rather expensive, $65ish give or take, and they don't come in cotton. But you get major support and nice shaping. Victoria's Secret doesn't have a ton of bra styles in the larger sizes.
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    personally I have huge boobs too, not enough for a reduction, but i have 38dd down from 42ddd since i lost weight. I go to this shop called Ann's Bra Shop, I'm sure it's a st. louis thing, but they give you measurements and personally give you bras that will fit exactly right. i think its best for bigger breasted women to get professionally measured and fitted.
  • ldugger1
    ldugger1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm roughly same size and recently purchased "The Last Resort" bra from Title 9 and love it! (Ordered from catalogue, but you could order it online.) As they advertise, there's no bouncing wiht this bra. Best I've ever experienced. They do have a 'ribbon' of material across the center of the breast area, that's a little aggrevating. Other than that, it's the best bra I've tried, especially for high impact workouts.

Good luck and let me know if you hear of other suggestions! I'm always on the lookout!!

Lisa
  • Betheroo
    Betheroo Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I really like Wacoal, too. My husband calls them my "Million Dollar Bras" because I look and feel like a million bucks in them. I got mine at TJ Maxx for a lot less. I plan to reward myself with a few more in a smaller size in a month or two. Wheee!
  • bluiz13
    Options
    I feel the need to let you know that the beck number is the size of your rib cage, and the letter is the size of your breasts And it wouldnt be possible for you rib cage to drop from 46 to 38 with a boob reduction.. You must of been measured wrong.. OR have been buying the wrong size bras.. Infact having size 38D breasts suggests that you have a much larger rib cage than you should for your boob size, and therefore you have small boobs for your body....
    Your measurements do not make sense =S

the size of my bra was reduced from a 46DD to a 38D after my surgery....the bigger around the bra - hence the larger the number the larger the cup size is...the cup on a 32DD is not the same size of the cup on a 46DD..TRUST ME!!!! i know....so indeed my measurements are correct.....unless you have a suggestion or a recommendation, i have no idea why you would post to my thread...seriously i dont get why people do this....this was not helpful at all...all it did was piss me off...i know my body and i'm reaching out for help, so lesson to be learned here on MFP, please dont post to threads unless you have something helpful to add.......
  • Xaspar
    Xaspar Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I got fitted at JC Penney and then went to WalMart ... For inexpensive options, the Fruit of the Loom cotton knit bras are REALLY comfortable, full coverage and pretty sturdy (as a matter of fact, I am wearing one now.) I have even worn this particular brand while doing 30DS without too many bouncy issues.
    I also have daughters with bra sizes that are non-traditional (to say the least) and I have had a lot of luck at TJ Maxx. It's pretty hard to find a 32D or a 34F most places without spending an arm and a leg, but have gotten both there.
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    please dont post to threads unless you have something helpful to add......

Im sorry i though i was being helpful. I assumed that you had got your measurements wrong and assumed that if you got re-measured you would be able to get a bra that was a better fit, and therefore you would be more comfortable.
    Im sorry for pissing you off.
    I meant no offence.
  • dcornwe
    dcornwe Posts: 73
    Options
    I had a BR in March went from a 40FFF to 36D. (understand abt the rib cage thing, fyi when your CUP size is that big you have to accomodate around the rib cage for the added protrusion LOL) BEST DECISION EVER!!!
    I shop at Target and Kohls. They have nice bras and good prices.
    I have never been able to shop at Victoria Secrets and still dont seem to fit into their selections. Congrats
  • bluiz13
    Options
    please dont post to threads unless you have something helpful to add......

Im sorry i though i was being helpful. I assumed that you had got your measurements wrong and assumed that if you got re-measured you would be able to get a bra that was a better fit, and therefore you would be more comfortable.
    Im sorry for pissing you off.
    I meant no offence.

apology accepted, thank you for your 2nd reply...sorry if i came off nasty, i just dont like being told i dont know what i'm talking about when i clearly know what size i was wearing and what size i currently wear....

i know the 46DD i used to wear was not the right size bra for me back then but they fit me on the boob part on the tightest hook and i was not going to spend the $50-75 per bra that it would have cost had i bought the proper size for my bodacious tatas....anyway, thank you for the suggestion, i do plan on getting resized again like i did back after my reduction...i think i had it done at victoria's secret then actually...