can't seem to lose weight?

Options
rede383
rede383 Posts: 7 Member
edited May 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi guys, like the title says, I can't seem to lose weight. I'm going nuts over this, my clothes aren't fitting properly and I feel really *kitten*.

I'm more than fine to exercise. I can't run because I'm very top heavy and I don't have a decent a sports bra to keep them in place and having the them bounce around is painful.

What would you recommend?
I'm more than fine to do the hard work. I'm not looking for a quick fix.

Is there any exercise routine you can recommend? I've tried coming up with one myself, but I'm at a loss.

I'm currently 77KG (170lb) and 165cm (5 ft 5inch) tall.

Please help, if you can. I'm getting pretty desperate.

*edit*
I do usually cycle for about 30 minutes or more a day and I do some core exercise

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,564 Member
    Options
    Weight loss comes down to eating less than you burn. How long have you been stuck at this weight? Are you logging everything in your food diary, including using a food scale if need be? Do you eat some/all of your exercise calories back?
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    Leslie Sansone walking DVDs got me back into exercise after a shoulder injury. But you don't need DVDs - you can just start with walking briskly. You can gradually build up to more challenging exercise.

• galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Diet is much more important than exercise. It's so easy to just eat back all the calories you burn by exercising and not lose any weight. If you make sure you eat less calories than you need to maintain your weight, you'll lose weight. Weigh your food and log it. Make sure your in a deficit. Exercise on top of that to speed up the process and increase your health.
  • lucyreeves148
    lucyreeves148 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I would personally log everything you are eating & swap everything you are eating now with healthier diet replacements - i would also look to purchase small compact treadmill to walk in front of the tv for thirty minutes everyday. You should find the weight will begin to drop off, as ur body gets used to the walking, u should be ready for the next step of increasing the regime, distance and heart rate.

• punkuate
    punkuate Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I don't really exercise much (Walking and occasionally trying and failing to jog). I just eat within the calories mfp provides.
  • lucyreeves148
    lucyreeves148 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    punkuate wrote: »
    I don't really exercise much (Walking and occasionally trying and failing to jog). I just eat within the calories mfp provides.

That's interesting, we have lost nearly the same weight - but my method has been exercise.