Is this fat/ skin/ both? WARNING PIC

Options
OK Warning this is not pretty.... Is this fat/ skin/ or both? I gained 60lbs while preg. Baby was 10 1/2 lbs, and had a c section.........
THe entire pregnancy he was very low as you can probably tell. Oh and I had him 11 months ago!!!! I thought something would of happened by now with my stomach!

2z6gfpe.jpg

alksbs.jpg

Replies

• gonnareachmygoal
    gonnareachmygoal Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    My tummy looks fairly similar. I personally think it is both. I am overweight so there is definitely fat storage in there but the wrinkles in my tummy tell me that the skin is hanging loose.
  • reesepieces
    reesepieces Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Hmm...mine is fairly baggy looking due to a c-section as well. What's a good way to tighten up the skin as weight continues to leave the body?
  • CriticalX
    CriticalX Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    both!
  • missymyers56
    Options
    Looks like a mixture of both, some toning would work wonders. Crunches, crunches and more crunches!
  • NikkisNewStart
    NikkisNewStart Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I agree that it's both.
  • Ljc3
    Ljc3 Posts: 46
    Options
    Your not alone...i think its both...?
  • hjfischer
    hjfischer Posts: 250
    Options
    It looks like skin and a little fat. I am not sure how or if you can get all the skin to tighten. I have had 4 kids all by c-section and I would love to get my skin to firm up. Not sure if that will ever happen. If anyone has a suggestion, I am up for it. :)
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    I'd say both
  • jaydensmommy2010
    jaydensmommy2010 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Ok thanks!! Sorry for the unflattering picture!! haha

This is my first baby, so I don't know what everyone's tummys are supposed to look like afterwards.
  • NikkisNewStart
    Options
    Looks like a mixture of both, some toning would work wonders. Crunches, crunches and more crunches!

Crunches will help w/ muscle but you cannot see the muscle if it is covered in fat... so just keep using this site to track your food intake, eat healthy, reduce your bmi, as well as exercise and BAM! You'll be one hot mama!!!
  • HappyathomeMN
    HappyathomeMN Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Yep, it's both. AND don't worry, your not the only tummy to look like that!!

Planks, crunches, cardio and weights - all of them will help. (Though not all at once :)
  • SweetP88
    SweetP88 Posts: 79
    Options
    I am at the thinnest I have been since I had my kids (last one was 9 yrs ago)...my stomach looks the same except the more weight I have lost the droopier the skin (I think it is cause there is very little fat to support the skin). There is really no way to get rid of that loose skin other than a tummy tuck. I have abs of steel underneath but no one would know cause that skin covers it and I have tried every lotion/cream/oil you can think of.
  • peanut929
    peanut929 Posts: 31
    Options
    Yep- I agree, it is both. My belly has flattened out pretty well, but when I do "The Bridge" I have a nice 2 inch "sag" of skin that happens. So I definitely still have the stretched skin! Keep on working on it.... you should tone up pretty nicely! BTW: I had two c-sections, so I don't think the c-section affects that amount of skin stretched. It likely has more to do with how big your baby was... and your baby was BIG! :):):) (Both mind were under 7 pounds.)
    I hope that helps!
    Karen
  • jaydensmommy2010
    Options
    I don't wear my pants obviously that low, I was just showing you guys what it looks like if I did. My pants usually cover it, but once they are off its so gross...
  • NikkisNewStart
    Options
    Oh and you are not alone!!! I also am the smallest I have ever been and my abs are firm and tight... but I still have loose saggy stretch marked covered skin... granted it fits in a size 4 now vs a 14... so I'm happy and accept it for what it is... for me, personally, it isn't worth the risk of going under the knife.
  • NikkisNewStart
    Options
    Girl... 99% of us moms here have the same tummy! No shame in it! Keep doing what you're doing and it will get better. (hugs)
  • jaydensmommy2010
    Options
    ipim
  • jaydensmommy2010
    Options
    I watch too much TV and see the celebs with perfect tummys after baby... That claim that never had surgery... hmmmmmm
  • BrownEyedG1rl
    BrownEyedG1rl Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Yeah..I have a belly like that to after having 2 kids. I had no c-section, just BIG kids (8 lbs 14 oz and 9 lbs 2 oz). I was way stretched! I hate my stomach!!! Just keep working at it but like others said, the skin will still be there, unfortunately. :grumble:
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    My belly went like that after having my son and when i dropped back down to my original weight it was still saggy. I lost another 15 and it when flat. I think it has to do with the stretch marks, i got mine all over my body but only a few thin ones on the front belly.