Sensitive to Caffeine ?

Options
lauraweres
lauraweres Posts: 22 Member
edited May 2015 in Food and Nutrition
Is anyone else sensitive to Caffeine? I have noticed in the past taking the caffeine tablets before a workout was not such a good idea?
I remember having so much energy but about 2 hours later I had a massive come down and then a migrane!
recently I baught the jodie marsh whey protein, I had it then 2 hours later again a massive headache and feeling sick, reading it , it had green tea extract and caffeine in ? Could this be why ?

Anyone else have any suggestions of supplments that will help but not cause the headaches?

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    You really don't need supplements. The caffeine does what caffeine does, the rest is hokey and money making for corporations that hope you never get fit. Just avoid them all together, your results will be the same.
  • 89Madeline
    89Madeline Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Never tried that. I drank coffee once or twice before a run, my HR went through the roof and I didn't feel calm at all. I do love coffee but try to limit intake since it hurts my gut (IBS). Try to get off caffeine would be my advice, and just drink a coffee if you feel like it. Wouldn't use it as a supplement
  • lauraweres
    lauraweres Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Never tried that. I drank coffee once or twice before a run, my HR went through the roof and I didn't feel calm at all. I do love coffee but try to limit intake since it hurts my gut (IBS). Try to get off caffeine would be my advice, and just drink a coffee if you feel like it. Wouldn't use it as a supplement

But what I can never get is why do they always sell products with caffeine in them! Especially when your trying to cut caffeine out ! And does it really even make a difference! !