Looking for some motivational tips to stay on track and lose this weight/eat properly

Options
honda46
honda46 Posts: 1 Member
I am a female who needs to lose at least for now 10 pds and then down the road once I get on a regular schedule to lose up to 30 pds. I live with someone who is constantly bringing home fast food and junk food from the grocery store- its hard to resist. how can I resist myself from not eating it? can anyone provide me with some pointers on how to lose this weight and to keep it off with healthy foods? thanks. I belong to a gym and go maybe once a week and walk when I can .

Replies

• TamiJo1004
    TamiJo1004 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Before you eat something look it up in foods and add to your journal. Doing this makes you look at what your overall calories are so far for the day, how many calories that item has and the macro and micro nutrients. By looking at it on my food diary and seeing that it over half of my days calories or has almost my daily amount of sodium makes me stop and think is it really worth it. If I really want it I then look at it in smaller portions. Then if you decide not to eat it you can delete it off your journal.
  • utesycho
    utesycho Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love to eat and drink. The only way I can get away with something like fast food or cocktails is to ramp up my exercise. I was making it to the gym about 2-3 times a month. Once I started using this app it really motivated me to push that number up to 3 times a week. Now I usually walk 4-6 times a week 2-4 miles a day plus going to the gym 3 times a week to lift weights. It's made a big difference for me so I'd suggest trying to carve out at least an hour a day to get some type of exercise. Good luck.
  • plastic2
    plastic2 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Make yourself a whole bunch of nice things to eat for when the fast food is coming home. Plates of veggies and dip and hot air popcorn and soup and diet pop!! Then sit right beside them and eat your stuff without looking at theirs!!! In a few minutes their food will be gone and in s few weeks so will your fat!!! Lol