Got 70lb to lose!! Need motivation & encouragement!

Options
MarnieHobbs
MarnieHobbs Posts: 10 Member
edited May 2015 in Introduce Yourself
hi all I've got about 70lbs to lose which I've gained over the last4yrs. I find exercising really challenging due to a lack of motivation & back/leg pain due to sciatica & a spinal fusion. Have just started alpha on the T25 program & hoping for good results over the coming weeks. Feel free to add me :-) MarnieHobbs. Good luck on your weight loss journey.

Replies

• reacher14
    reacher14 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Wish you well check out this web site http://www.backpain.com.au/articles/the-unknown-cause-of-back-pain-and-sciatica, it is Australian SLM bodyworks has some good self help video's
  • MarnieHobbs
    Options
    :) thanks will check it out
  • WSOX37
    WSOX37 Posts: 1,611 Member
    Options
    Add
  • mrsclark73
    mrsclark73 Posts: 3 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Hi Marnie! You can do it!! I started working out and eating right 3 years ago, I lost 76 lbs in a year and a half the healthy way! I've been able to keep of 60 of those lbs it's a constant battle for me. I'm sorry you have pain I hope you are able to find ways to workout that don't hurt you too much. As far as motivation, you can do it just don't give up or get discouraged, it's not all about the number on the scale it's about getting and staying healthy!
  • MarnieHobbs
    Options
    Ah thanks mrsclarke - good luck to u with it all :)
  • mrsclark73
    mrsclark73 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks Marnie best of luck to you!
  • nifferwilko
    nifferwilko Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Marnie,
    I understand where you're coming from-I've got arthritis in my hip, degenerative disc disease and a herniated disc at L5-S1-so I know how hard it is to exercise when just getting up and about feels like an achievement.
    Personally I'm planning on starting small with the exercise-walks around the block (especially with the improving weather) or a dance around the house. I'm hoping if I gradually build it up it might stick better. Hth
  • Abbye_97
    Abbye_97 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Anybody who adds her, please add me too! I've got about 80ish pounds to lose!
  • shiquirlin
    shiquirlin Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Abbye, you can do it. I have 40 to lose. Whoop whoop
  • Jenkorp72
    Jenkorp72 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Hi! Have 70-75 lbs to lose as well! I would love to have another friend!