Photo: -90#

Options
alyxls
alyxls Posts: 29 Member
Hi everyone! I'm Alyx and I've lost about 90 pounds (50 with MFP). Most days I still, in my head and heart, think I look like my "before" picture still. I still have about 50 pounds to go, so if anyone has advice for improving my view of myself, I would love to hear it! Also, feel free to add me. I'm more than happy to give any advice or be a support system for anyone! <3

od7gc14z8fvm.jpg

Replies

• LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Wow congratulations you look amazing!!
  • star1407
    star1407 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Wow you look great, you just gotta keep looking in the mirror and comparing your photos honey. Big difference
  • trailrunner81
    trailrunner81 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Phenomenal job!!! You should be very proud of your hard work.
  • jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    Great job! We are in pretty much the same boat. I've lost nearly 90 and have about 50 more myself. :) I wish you luck in reaching your goal.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Wonderful Job!! I think feeling that way for a bit is typical, it takes us time to adjust to the new us :) As someone above shared keep looking at photos, old and new side by side. If it takes sitting and staring awhile even, whatever it takes to start to see the changes. Maybe even taking note on paper what we see different. Sometimes writing helps me really solidify it in my own head. :)

Sometimes I wonder if that's not why some of us put weight back on because we don't see the success within ourselves. Healthy changes come from the inside out. ;)
  • jules6669mfp
    jules6669mfp Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Wow!! You should be so proud of yourself. You look great. I agree with others who have said to look in the mirror more often or better yet, post pictures of yourself before and after where you'll see it. Being overweight affects us psychologically as well as physically. Many of us need help seeing ourselves differently once we lose the weight. Once you build up your confidence some, I hope that helps you see yourself as a beautiful young woman. Don't let anyone tell you or treat you any differently. You got this!!!
  • aoime
    aoime Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Whenever you look in the mirror just think "Yea that's right, I earned this. I made this happen." Amazing job! (:
  • CM_73
    CM_73 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Fantastic achievement, well done!!
  • meryl135
    meryl135 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! maybe treat yourself to an outfit you would never have considered in your "before" - shock yourself with how well you rock it now :wink:
  • snookey16
    snookey16 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Wow you look amazing! Congrats.
  • madcat444
    madcat444 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Wow....well done. You look great :smiley:
  • alyxls
    alyxls Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys for all the kind words and advice. It's much appreciated!!