Dr Oz, Colleen the 700 lb girl and the autopsy

Options
2»

Replies

• eeeekie
    eeeekie Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Didn't see that one but I saw the one day before yesterday where he compared Carbs to Cocaine. VERY interesting show

As an obese person I've NEVER liked twinkies...such a cliche.
  • skramer13
    skramer13 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Also, has anyone else who's ever tried a Twinkie noticed that they actually taste rather salty? For a cake, anyway. Blech.
  • LeonaB17
    LeonaB17 Posts: 304
    Options
    Hmm that's interesting - I'll have to look at the links later when I'm not at work. Thanks for posting. There are also some good shows on Discovery Health about people with super obesity - it is amazing how much the human body will tolerate - and what it won't!

I never liked twinkies much either. At least not the yellow cream filled ones. Ew. But obviously there are a gazillion other bad things I do like!!
  • cobarlo14
    cobarlo14 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    bump...to watch later
  • cobarlo14
    Options
    Anyone see yesterdays show, where Dr Oz came down on Colleen(she weighed in at (703,bs ) about only losing one pound over one month. She wasnt getting it, so he took her to his hospital where he works and took her down to the basement and showed her how obesity kills. Youd have to see the show to know what his point was..........she was sticking her head in the sand, while carrying around an extrea 500 lbs while having blood pressure of 180/110........her vitals were mind boggeling and scared the hel out of Dr Oz , and shes still dragging her feet..................

Kind of a scarry show, but for me, it did help me understand the amount of damage that fat causes an obese person........They literally had the mans organs layed out on the table, after his autopsy..........Fat and obesity killed him and took a toll on his liver, which he has cirrosis of the liver, yet never drank, fat on the belly, and his heart had severe swelling and heart disease, This body was ravaged and he was only 100 lbs overweight....Colleen was 5 times more overweight that he was.............

Trust me, next time I think about wanting those Twinkies, Ill remember that show........talk about shocking the shat out of you, just watch the show, its on DrOZ.com and look for yesterdays show, the one with the 700 lb woman and autopsy

Seeing the effects of obesity really wakes you up..............Lloyd

I will say this....If that doesnt wake her up...
    Then Dr Oz should insist she speak to a Psychologist (specilizing in Weight disorders) she is using food satify something (psychological). Just my opinion...
  • Pseudocyber
    Pseudocyber Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Aw crap - we deleted that one to make room on the DVR.
  • cobarlo14
    Options
    Aw crap - we deleted that one to make room on the DVR.

there is a link on this thread to it.
  • bparr
    bparr Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    tag for later