I got big goals! Do you? Let's be friends :)

Options
jeffchung91
jeffchung91 Posts: 8 Member
edited May 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Hey everyone,

My goal here is to gain weight. Here's the twist; I've done it before but lost it. I've been a skinny kid most of my childhood but after high school my friends got me into lifting. They showed me a 5-day split, how to eat, proper form and gym rat basics 101. I transformed my frail 130 lbs @ 5'9 frame to an athletic 170 lbs with my eyes on being a shredded 200 lbs as my final destination. Then work and life came up, didn't step foot into a gym or eat more than 2-3 meals in a day for the next 3 years....

BUT - I've been back in the gym as of the past two and a half months. My new starting weight was 140 lbs and I'm currently at 160.8 lbs as of yesterday. My goal is still to get to 200 lbs while maintaining a healthy body fat to muscle ratio. Looking to meet some other motivated peeps on here to keep me accountable for logging. I've never been a detailed lifter and logging is something I've just started doing...as of yesterday lol.

And your goals don't have to be the same as mine, I know 95% of the people using this app have the opposite goal of mine but as long as your a motivated, fellow gym rat that's fine! B)

Replies

• Michael5482
    Michael5482 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Sounds very similar to me I'm 5'8 but looking to lose body fat rather than weight. I've only just started lifting again and combining it with a little HIT training
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    greets bro

be sure to hit up the Gaining Weight sub-forum
  • jeffchung91
    edited May 2015
    Options
    draznyth wrote: »
    greets bro

be sure to hit up the Gaining Weight sub-forum

Sweet - was just browsing that section!
    Sounds very similar to me I'm 5'8 but looking to lose body fat rather than weight. I've only just started lifting again and combining it with a little HIT training

Nice man, good luck!

• Exegi_Corpus
    Exegi_Corpus Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone,

My goal here is to gain weight. Here's the twist; I've done it before but lost it. I've been a skinny kid most of my childhood but after high school my friends got me into lifting. They showed me a 5-day split, how to eat, proper form and gym rat basics 101. I transformed my frail 130 lbs @ 5'9 frame to an athletic 170 lbs with my eyes on being a shredded 200 lbs as my final destination. Then work and life came up, didn't step foot into a gym or eat more than 2-3 meals in a day for the next 3 years....

BUT - I've been back in the gym as of the past two and a half months. My new starting weight was 140 lbs and I'm currently at 160.8 lbs as of yesterday. My goal is still to get to 200 lbs while maintaining a healthy body fat to muscle ratio. Looking to meet some other motivated peeps on here to keep me accountable for logging. I've never been a detailed lifter and logging is something I've just started doing...as of yesterday lol.

And your goals don't have to be the same as mine, I know 95% of the people using this app have the opposite goal of mine but as long as your a motivated, fellow gym rat that's fine! B)

Best of luck!
  • jeffchung91
    Options
    Thanks bro!
  • williamwj2014
    williamwj2014 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    In the same boat (currently 5'9, 163 lbs) minus the whole I want to be 200 lbs and shredded because most who do end up 200 lbs and shredded at 5'9 are on da stuffs or are 200 lbs and fat. Bit of a big goal there and the only thing I see stopping you is reaching your limit as a natural body builder. Still wish you luck though as you can still get pretty big just 200 lbs sounds a bit crazy for someone whose 5'9 and not on da stuffs.
  • gonnasnap
    gonnasnap Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I don't have a weight goal or really care is I end up losing or gaining wait. All of my goals are about just getting stronger and watching my numbers go up.
  • otey743
    otey743 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add ya boy . I do this every year bulk then shred. I bulk to 200 then shred to 170-175