What do you do?

Options
when you hit your calorie goal at like lunch? Do you continue like normal and just finish above? Or do you stop eating for the day?

I stop and just eat a small snack (fruit, larabar) for dinner. Gotta deal with the consequences of overeating haha.

Replies

• JoeyCW124
    JoeyCW124 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I try to plan in advance so that I don't reach it too early! If not then I'll try and choose a sensible lower calorie option in the evening and also try and do some extra exercise to work off any excess calories.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    I've never had that problem.... but if I did I'd workout so I could get some bonus exercise calories.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    I would never do that. I pre plan.
  • BlondieLivesLOUD
    BlondieLivesLOUD Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Wow. So clearly everyone is too perfect for this to happen. Thanks anyway. I have it under control.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I've had it happen a couple times. My solution is typically either to eat at maintenance for the day or go for a walk/workout to get the calories for a small dinner.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    Many of us preplan to avoid this issue but it happens to the best of people. I agree that allowing yourself to eat at maintenance for the day so you're not starving all night would be best. Won't make a difference in the big picture.
    :)
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Are you still hungry or just eating because it is a habit? I'm not a fan of being hungry all night so if I was actually hungry I would eat. If you have eaten all your calories and you are not really hungry then you could just tell yourself that you have had plenty that day, won't starve, drink some water, chew some gum and occupy yourself with something else instead of eating again that day.
    You could eat a salad for dinner, just have a maintenance calorie day or add some more exercise to your day.
    Look at your food choices and see what you can do differently.
    Plan ahead in future. I pre-log my whole day so I never have days where I eat all my calories by lunch unless I have planned to do so. You might give it a try.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Are you still hungry or just eating because it is a habit? I'm not a fan of being hungry all night so if I was actually hungry I would eat. If you have eaten all your calories and you are not really hungry then you could just tell yourself that you have had plenty that day, won't starve, drink some water, chew some gum and occupy yourself with something else instead of eating again that day.
    You could eat a salad for dinner, just have a maintenance calorie day or add some more exercise to your day.
    Look at your food choices and see what you can do differently.
    Plan ahead in future. I pre-log my whole day so I never have days where I eat all my calories by lunch unless I have planned to do so. You might give it a try.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,178 Member
    Options
    1) I eat quite lightly in the early part of the day and leave the bulk of my calories to the end of the day.

2) I've been here for 3 months now, I have a pretty good idea of what I can eat prior to 5 pm in order to be able to eat a decent dinner.

3) I exercise. Should it happen that I eat more than usual prior to 5 pm, I'll go out for a long walk as soon as I get home from work to give myself a few extra calories to work with. One day I ate a little bit more than usual pre-5 pm, then my dinner was a little bit more than usual, so I did not have my usual late evening snack, and I went outside and climbed the stairs in my yard (lots of stairs in my yard) ... up and down and up and down for 35 min. That brought me within my goals again. :)