Back to square one after two babies

Options
fidangul
fidangul Posts: 673 Member
I did lose the weight once but this time around with two children both under the age of 2 seems to be a little more difficult. Espeacially when I have no time for myself let alone exercise, workouts or the gym. I would love to hear from any one else in a similar position, as in trying to lose weight all over again for whatever reason... It is a little frustrating I think, don't you?

Replies

• TeishaBue
    TeishaBue Posts: 31 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Hello. Would working out at home be a better fit for you? What kind of exercise do you enjoy most?
  • bknorthington
    bknorthington Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Use the babies to exercise... example... lay on your back... hold the baby and do repetition of lifting the baby in the air and then bring the baby towards your face... or place the baby on your legs and lift into the air... make it a game for the kiddos... Google more ideas
  • carolina_r
    carolina_r Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I totally understand! I have two kids as well - a 3 1/2 month old and a preschooler (who never naps! ). I am able to walk with both in the stroller, but I struggle to find time to do strength training...Baby still gets me up at night for feedings, so I find it so hard to get up early to workout. Baby takes very short naps throughout the day, so I always get interrupted, and when baby is down for the night, I just want to sleep since I will be up again soon! I try to do 2 workouts a week by involving my preschooler (alternate between weights and running/dancing around the house, all cued by music), but it doesn't always work. Feel free to add me if you would like some support from a fellow mom :)
  • fidangul
    fidangul Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Thankyou all!

Yeah I've tried envolving them in activities in the house but they're at so different points of development and both want separate attention, that i've struggled. Right now I'm concentrating on my eating. I've just taken over my mum's allotment and thought that gardening can be my exercise once in a while when my mum can baby sit for me. I read online that you lose quite a bit of calories whilst gardening but also it doesn't seem to be like when you're in the gym and counting the minutes. I'm not a natural fitness freak.

To be honest I to feel too tired or lose the will to do anything else at home after putting the kids to bed as I want to just sit back and RELAX or at least have some me time.

I would like to add you guys and vice-versa for support and motivation...