In Need of Meal and Snack Ideas

Options
LClark12
LClark12 Posts: 3 Member
I have been tracking my food and eating healthy for about two months now. Unfortunately I have found myself in a slum of just eating the same healthy meals over and over again. I am starting to get tired of it and so the temptation to splurge on others foods happens a lot. What are some typical everyday meals that you eat? Or any snack ideas. Here are a few meals I already eat:

Chicken Breasts with Zucchini, Yellow Squash, or Sweet Potato baked fries
Tomato Basil Soup
Oatmeal
Whole wheat Spaghetti with canned green beans
Packaged Fish Fillets on brown rice
Turkey sandwhich with veggie straws
Apples with Peanutbutter

Replies

• glasshalffull713
    glasshalffull713 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, and eggs are staples of mine. I usually have a salad daily for lunch that includes peppers cukes tomatos half an avocado, etc. and some protein like chicken breast.
  • catbirdly
    catbirdly Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Brown rice cakes with hummus and arugula

Greek yogurt (a mix of fat free and 2% to make 1%), blueberries and unsweetened flaked coconut

An orange and a tablespoon of nut or seed butter

1/2 cup orange juice, vanilla whey protein powder, 1 cup water= orange Julius -type drink

1/2 turkey patty, rice cakes, bell peppers and arugula

Cucumber slices and nut/seed butter or nuts/seeds

Whey protein powder, frozen strawberries and water blended

Ground chicken taco meat in lettuce leaves with avocado, tomatoes, Greek yogurt

Simple soups -- chopped veggies in chicken broth-- add any kind of beans, greens, spices you like

Soft boiled eggs with half an English muffin and pepper slices

Fish plus salad

Apple plus turkey bacon plus low fat cheddar

Cranberry juice plus seltzer

• namarc0
    namarc0 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I love stir-fries. I can mix any vegetables I have, toss in any kind of protein-chicken, shrimp, pork or beef and add a little terriyaki sauce. Some days I mix in rice others I don't. It's good reheated too.
  • tishtash221989
    tishtash221989 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I try and mix it up whenever I can but we all get stuck in a rut at times.I vary breakfast from chopped fruit with natural yoghurt to cereal to scrambled eggs.Main meals I tend to have some sort of salad with chicken or crabsticks,make a lot of curries,stir fries and casseroles as they are one pot meals and so easy to make! Snacks are walnuts,almonds,fruit,crabsticks,that sort of thing really x
  • star1407
    star1407 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Hi I use these websites for ideas
    Eating well.com
    Skinny taste.com
    Ambitious kitchen.com

Hope this helps
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I eat anything I want, just not everything at once, and not all the time.
  • kmsoucy457
    kmsoucy457 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    star1407 wrote: »
    Hi I use these websites for ideas
    Eating well.com
    Skinny taste.com
    Ambitious kitchen.com

Hope this helps

I have to advocate poking around on ambitious kitchen as well. I found so many recipes there over the past year or so which are now in constant menu rotation at my house.