Fitbit?

Options
I've been considering purchasing myself a fitbit flex for the past couple of weeks, and am not sure if I should or not. Does anyone have advice on that? Or a similar product? I really want something to use with this app that will help keep me motivated.

Replies

• shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    I have one. A friend gave it to me a few weeks ago. Gotta say I really like it and find it to be helpful.
  • nikkinoellemary
    nikkinoellemary Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I have the Zip, and I love it. It motivates me to find more ways to get moving during the day even when I can't formally exercise, and I have a growing group of folks I do challenges with so then there's my fun factor.
  • Abbye_97
    Abbye_97 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have the Zip, and I love it. It motivates me to find more ways to get moving during the day even when I can't formally exercise, and I have a growing group of folks I do challenges with so then there's my fun factor.

Does the zip just work like a basic pedometer or does it sync up with your phone as well?
  • weird_me2
    weird_me2 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I got my Flex just over a month ago and I have found it helpful. I've been tracking and active for longer than I have been in a while. It does motivate me to move more. I reset my mfp settings to lightly active, so I lose calories throughout the day if I don't move enough, and that's usually enough to get me to take a little walk to see mfp go from a negative adjustment to a positive one.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I love Fitbit's. They are all pretty awesome in my opinion. If you need help deciding on which model to go with, check this comparison chart:
    x07b8yxdtq5d.jpg

***There is some debate about the ability to swim with a surge. It is rated 5 ATM, but Fitbit says not to swim with it. However, Fitbit also mentions not wanting people to wear it 24/7 since it can cause a rash under the band. I have actually gone swimming with mine and it's fine.***

I started with a Fitbit Zip and upgraded to a Flex after about 10 months. I had a Flex for 11 months and switched to Garmin VivoFit. I ditched the VivoFit after only 53 days (I really hated Garmin Connect) and got the Fitbit Surge.

Oh and I think the Zip is absolutely adorable with it's smiley face. It sticks it's tongue out at you if you haven't been very active.

As for place to buy them, just look around. Amazon usually has them cheaper than Fitbit.com. You can also check Ebay, but be careful with some Fitbit Models, Fitbit doesn't ask for defective ones back when sending replacements** and I wouldn't put it past someone to sell a defective Fitbit as "Used but works". ** I know this because I had a defective Flex, they sent me a new one and asked that I take the defective model to anywhere that does electronics recycling.

Oh and my husband has the One. So the only models I haven't actually had experience with is the Charge and ChargeHR. However, from my experience with the rest I'd have to say that they should be just as amazing.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Abbye_97 wrote: »
    I've been considering purchasing myself a fitbit flex for the past couple of weeks, and am not sure if I should or not. Does anyone have advice on that? Or a similar product? I really want something to use with this app that will help keep me motivated.

I lost the weight & have maintained for ten months thanks to MFP + Fitbit. Buy one at a store near you, keep the receipt, and return it if you don't like it.

You can learn more (and find Fitbit friends) in the Fitbit Users group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users
  • Knobee
    Knobee Posts: 3 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I had a flex and lost it at a trade show because the strap doesn't hook very well. I now have a One and have had to buy a new clip because the first one broke (after less than a year of ownership)...

Having now vented my two complaints, I love the devices and wear the One every day.
  • scottwblack
    scottwblack Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I bought a Zip in October of 2014 and have lost 40 lbs since then. Now I have the Charge, which I love. Fitbit also seems like a pretty cool company, as they will usually replace defective/lost/stolen Fitbits for free.
  • katharineshalia
    katharineshalia Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Zip here too and highly recommend. I've had mine since Feb and love it. It works great with mfp you don't have to do anything but synch it. I hook mine on my bra, won't lose it there.
  • RonnieLodge
    RonnieLodge Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I purchased a Fitbit Charge just over a week ago - am loving it!
    Having friends i can "compete" against for the biggest number of steps. I hit over 101,000 steps in a week. :)
    The sleep monitoring is also pretty interesting.
  • bareessentials56
    bareessentials56 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have the charge HR I love how its like a watch and doesn't have the pegs like the normal charge and flex