Name one thing you are working on, or a mini-goal

Options
aoime
aoime Posts: 25 Member
For some, it's the small victories and accomplishments that keep them going.

Besides a weight goal, what is something else you are currently trying to work on? It could be a physical goal, such as trying to finish that run for an extra ten seconds, or correcting your form and posture. Or even a mental goal, like learning not to be too hard on yourself because you didn't lose weight this week, or finally not giving in to your late night craving because you think you really need it.

For now, I am currently working on my self-motivation and trying to not make excuses for myself when it comes to eating healthier or getting in a workout. Even if I do have supportive people in my life, I am the one ultimately in charge of my own actions. So if I am not self-motivated, then it will definitely not get done. I find I let myself get away with a lot since I am a busy student so I tell myself I do not need to workout after a long day. But hey if I were THAT busy, would I still have time to be on the internet right now? ;)

So what are you currently trying to work on, or what mini-goal do you have set for yourself right now? Please give advice if you see someone post something they're working on that you yourself were able to accomplish or improve!

Replies

• whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I'm working on not throwing in the towel completely whenever I overeat on one day.
  • aoime
    Options
    whmscll wrote: »
    I'm working on not throwing in the towel completely whenever I overeat on one day.

Yes, I think this is an important one especially for those of us just starting our journey.
  • RachaelWinston
    RachaelWinston Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm working on not derailing when I go to visit family back home but with cook out season really getting going it is a struggle. I am so good about staying focused during the week when I'm working and even good about staying in my calorie range on the weekends if I'm in my current town even when I'm hanging with friends but for some reason the break from routine and being with family just wrecks me
  • cjs32174
    cjs32174 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I completely understand that! Its like they "love you" with food!

I try these tips...
    1) don't eat unless actually hungry
    2) after you eat, put the food away & get away from it (sit on porch, living room, etc)
    3) focus on serving others... Get their drinks, clear their plates, Play with their little kids, etc
    4) focus on the actual visit, not the food. Make connecting with the family the important part, not the food.

Hope that helps
  • goldfishgoo
    goldfishgoo Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to get 10,000 steps done daily!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I'm working on changing my body composition. I'd love to get my dead lift to 225 and my squat to 200.
  • glasshalffull713
    glasshalffull713 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I have a goal of not drinking alcohol during the month of May. I am doing this so that I can feel better physically, and to make more choices that are nurturing to my health and wellbeing, especially during an especially hectic time in my life.
  • jaqcan
    jaqcan Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Right now, I'm trying to keep myself from eating any more of my mothers day coffee cake.
    In general, I'm trying to make a conscious effort to exercise EVERY DAY, either a bike ride or a walk with the family. Also to do my 30 day push up challenge each day! I'm on day 18 of my second challenge.
  • midniteillusion2
    midniteillusion2 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Trying to get back in the habit of counting my calories so I stay at or below my goal.
  • TheLegendaryBrandonHarris
    Options
    I have enjoyed little milestones along the way...
    I started at 286 pounds. At 275, I weighed what I weighed at 28 years old. At 260, I weighed the same as I did when I worked hard and got some pounds off back in 2010. At 250 I was at the weight I reached in 2007 after a painful breakup. At 235 (hit it last week), I was slimmer than I was the day I enlisted in the Army, back in 2000.

My next milestone is 209, my weight after Basic Training.
  • shannonbrewelch
    shannonbrewelch Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I am working on taking in less fat and more protein, along with trying to have more self-confidence, which had been a continual struggle for me.
  • lanalovestar
    lanalovestar Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm working on completing a 22 day Plant based no processed food lifestyle change. I'm ready to love my body inside and out and for a while my body has been voicing is opinion on what I choose to eat. So I'm giving my body over to supreme health. Now for me just to complete the shopping and food prep I'd be impressed. ;)
  • MikaMojito
    MikaMojito Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    It's my birthday in two weeks and there's a dress I'd love to wear. It's the Hell Bunny Jackie Pin Up Dress. It's somewhat unforgiving. I'd be THRILLED if I felt comfortable in it in two weeks.
  • aoime
    Options
    MikaMojito wrote: »
    It's my birthday in two weeks and there's a dress I'd love to wear. It's the Hell Bunny Jackie Pin Up Dress. It's somewhat unforgiving. I'd be THRILLED if I felt comfortable in it in two weeks.

I have always loved that clothing line, but am waiting to see results with my diet and exercise before buying anything from them. Good luck, I'm sure you'll look wonderful!

• bbontheb
    bbontheb Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Mine is to stop being sooooooo laaaaaazy......haha
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Cutting back on coffee, and deadlifting 245
  • latachuela
    latachuela Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Drinking water, walking more, quit sweets!
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    Trying not to be too annoyed about various health-related interruptions to my plan. Hard to sustain motivation or consistency when you're thrown a new wrench every 2-3 weeks.

Also, trying not to envy people who have no injuries or health problems and can just do any activity they like. I get jealous sometimes when I see people having fun, while I'm stuck working around 3-4 things at a time. I know people have it way worse than me and still achieve their goals, but sometimes that doesn't help me get out of self-pity mode.

Those are things I'm trying not to do, though, ok. A positively framed one - this week, I'm going to stick to my plan. If something goes wrong with this plan, I'll do plan B. I'm going to look harder at those people who've got it worse than me and still kick butt. Practically speaking, I'm either going to walk or swim or do the elliptical every day this week, plus my strengthening exercises.
  • joshuapowell1989
    joshuapowell1989 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    To be able to jog more than 300 steps without feeling like I want to sit down and cry lol