Hello everyone!

Options
Hi ;). I'm a 38 year old female, 5'7, 171 lbs. I've been thin effortless my entire life. Over the past year I've gained 45 lbs.! For the first time in my life, I'm having to diet and exercise and I'm at a complete loss and totally frustrated. I hate the way I look now and it's depressing. Any tips or encouragement would be greatly appreciated. Thanks ya'll

Replies

• wcope0412
    wcope0412 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! One of the biggest things I did was I started drinking just water and watching how much I ate and watching the calories and exercise. I follow MFP and it's been working great for me. Keep your head up. You will do fine!!
  • guntherpmarlow
    guntherpmarlow Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I use MFP to pre screen foods before I eat them. Especially at restaurants (even if I am somewhat guessing compared to a different recipe). It gives me insight to the bad actors that I didn't really know are that bad. Setting a realistic goal like 8 pounds over 5 weeks makes a huge difference in your ability to feel like you are executing change. If you set your goal unrealistic, you will feel that your results are not good enough, further driving your confidence down. Start small, make small changes, and most importantly give yourself time. You will be pleasantly surprised! Good luck, and be persistent!
  • ConorC36
    ConorC36 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Just enjoy a healthy lifestyle and the rest will foguere itself out !
  • Cowboyzfan82288
    Cowboyzfan82288 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Best wishes on your journey. I believe that you will be very successful. There are alot of helpful people and resources here.
  • Rockerchick2019
    Rockerchick2019 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I started my journey almost 2 months ago and I'm down 15 lbs so far and have 63 more to go. This app helps a lot. Just drink lots of water and keep a check on your nutrition values for the day and slowly start to tweak it a little. And staying active helps to of course. I sent you a friend request. If you want to add me I'll be more than willing to help out as much as I can. I have a friend that started a year ago and has made great progress. She passes that wisdom on to me. So I'm here if you need me. You can do it. ;)
    (Sorry for the paragraph)
  • martin_leeann
    martin_leeann Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Thank ya'll so much for the support and advice. It means so much to me!
  • bradhiggs7
    bradhiggs7 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    A healthy diet, lots of water and a steady workout routine will do wonders! Don't beat yourself up over a bad day if you have one, it happens to everyone. If you ever need any diet or exercise advice feel free to ask or add me! :)