The Beth Project - Awesome weight loss photos!

Options
emmacken
emmacken Posts: 161 Member
I came across a great set of photos that showcase the weight loss of a woman named Beth. They were too great not to share! For example, that's the same woman, 150 pounds lighter, kicking her own butt. :)

9cg0fnco9p7o.jpg

More can be found at the photographer's website below:

blakemorrow.ca/portfolio/the-beth-project/

Enjoy!

Replies

• LuckyMe2017
    LuckyMe2017 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing.
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    The Laurel and Hardy ones kill me!
  • yule0908
    yule0908 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Fun pics!
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    That's quite clever :-)
  • star1407
    star1407 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Love it, thanks for sharing. Love the ones on the beach and the prison guard!
  • Bemix
    Bemix Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I like where she holds up a shirt too small then it fits. :smiley:
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    That's pretty cool
  • acardone
    acardone Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    That is amazing! What a creative way to depict a great success!
  • brentopia
    brentopia Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I love it! So well done and inspirational. Thanks for sharing. Lol.
  • efrensgirl2015
    efrensgirl2015 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Awesome
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Those really bothered me, and I find them sick and sad. Because I've lost about the same amount of weight a few friends have shown them to me thinking I'd be amused. Certainly not.

To each their own though...
  • efrensgirl2015
    efrensgirl2015 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Those really bothered me, and I find them sick and sad. Because I've lost about the same amount of weight a few friends have shown them to me thinking I'd be amused. Certainly not.

Why?
  • rayw89
    rayw89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I think what she did was awesome. Can you imagine being in her shoes while she took the "before" photos, maybe wondering what it would be like to be smaller, and then getting to take the "after" shoot! The photos are beautifully done.
  • Fabu_lass
    Fabu_lass Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    That's a great pic, I looked at the rest and they all look like fun pics, and to me it shows that she knew she was going to get to do 'after' pics, they are inspirational in their own way
  • Jeaniegum
    Jeaniegum Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I love these photos! What a neat idea.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options

Why?

I think almost every single pose shows disrespect for her size (when larger), and the scenarios are demeaning and borderline violent. I do understand how some people view it very differently. For me it's really important to feel love toward myself, at all sizes, including when I was morbidly obese. I also think about how I might have felt looking at those photos when I was larger and feeling less than and worthless. Not cool.
  • aquamarina_182
    aquamarina_182 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    love it
  • KrissyRawrz
    KrissyRawrz Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Lol that's amazing
  • heronh
    heronh Posts: 529 Member
    Options

Why?

I think almost every single pose shows disrespect for her size (when larger), and the scenarios are demeaning and borderline violent. I do understand how some people view it very differently. For me it's really important to feel love toward myself, at all sizes, including when I was morbidly obese. I also think about how I might have felt looking at those photos when I was larger and feeling less than and worthless. Not cool.

It's all done in humor. But how is Charlie Chaplin, singing in gowns and striking the same pose in swimsuits demeaning? As for the boxing scene, the way I interpreted it is that she has won the battle. Hey if it was me I would dress the old me in dragon costume on the ground and the new me would be in some flowy greecian goodness thing holding a spear or trident. Lol do I hate old me? Heck no do I want a better healthier version of me? Hells yeah! But like you said to each it's own. Everybody have their opinion, and that's the beauty of art, the artist has their own interpretation and the audience can have others which leads to open discussion. :D there is "right or wrong" it's about how one sees it and based on their personal experience and feelings towards it they come up with their own interpretation.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!