yawning while exercising???

Options
Hello All!!

I have noticed that as soon as I start excercising, I start yawning!!! I don't understand why?!

Replies

• jipper44
    jipper44 Posts: 111
    Options
    Hello All!!

I have noticed that as soon as I start excercising, I start yawning!!! I don't understand why?!

I do this too, on occasion, especially when doing plyometrics...focus on your breathing, taking good inhales, especially. You might not be getting enough oxygen.
  • KaciWood19
    KaciWood19 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Not enough oxygen is no bueno!! Thank you, I will see if focusing on my breaths help :)
  • jipper44
    jipper44 Posts: 111
    Options
    Haha, fitness instructors tend to make you work harder when they see you yawn :)
  • fsugirl26
    fsugirl26 Posts: 207
    Options
    As an asthmatic, I frequently yawn (like every couple minutes) when I have a really hard time breathing. Your brain makes you yawn in an effort to try to bring in more oxygen...

Focus on your breathing and take long deep breaths when you can. Sometimes I even have to use my inhaler before doing a really intense workout as a precaution.
  • mandyshell
    mandyshell Posts: 55
    Options
    I'm glad it's not just me! I seem to yawn the entire time I work out, rather it's Zumba or running, lol.
  • soon2bmrsc
    soon2bmrsc Posts: 41
    Options
    I yawn all the time too and I don't know why! I'm not really even all that tired sometimes and I still do it :/
  • NenaM812
    NenaM812 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Oh man I do this too! I thought it was because I was exercising at night or early in the morning when I'm sleepy, but now that I think of it, it happened in HS too. The minute I'd start running or playing tennis, I'd start yawning! Wonder why...
  • KaciWood19
    KaciWood19 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    AH! I guess we all need to focus on our breathing!!! The last thing any of us want to do is faint or something!! lol I'll work on my breathing and let you guys know if it helps :)