I need motivation!!

I weigh 215 my highest ever. I need help and motivation!!

Replies

• 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    At what stage will your weight motivate you into doing soemthing about it? 300?
    Look at the stickies at the top of each section to learn how its done.
  • lauresenger805
    lauresenger805 Posts: 3 Member
    Great point! What stickies are you talking about?
  • 2Bhealthier2
    2Bhealthier2 Posts: 128 Member
    You need to keep being honest with yourself and looking at yourself. Decide every day do you want to keep looking the way you look or do you want to change? This is no different then an addiction to drug, alcohol or sex, to break this awful cycle we are on is a lot of hard work but at the end it sure is worth it. Yep, you will have struggles but get some buddies to help you and you be there for them. I'm sure you've heard all this but it is true.

Stickies???
  • coraborealis80
    coraborealis80 Posts: 53 Member
    Motivation comes from within grasshopper.

But I can tell you a few things that the first 40 lbs have brought me. As you can see in my pic, I started at 221 and I'm 5'6". By 200 I could do a 40 minute yoga session without breathing heavy. At 200, I realized I could run half a mile without stopping. At 190 people started to tell me I was looking good. At 185 guys started hitting on me again. At 179 I nailed the elusive Crow Pose in yoga, granted I can only hold it for 3 breaths, but I'm in it. At my halfway point I took this profile picture.

That is just since the end of October. I still have everything I love, but in smaller portions and not as my main meal. So, for example, I loveeeee reese's pb cups. So I buy the minis and have 1 or 2, instead of 2 big cups when I have a craving. And, it's really challenged my cooking skills, bringing about a hundred more viewers to my food blog. Seared salmon with wilted dandelion green in garlic butter with raw honey grilled papaya for dessert is a thing in my world.

I feel amazing. I hiked 3 miles yesterday with just a bit of jello leg at the end. I totally ate a small soft serve in celebration because I can. I can't wait to see what the next 40 bring me.
  • KTOneTwentyTwo
    KTOneTwentyTwo Posts: 315 Member
    edited May 2015
    Feel free to add :smile:
  • Minnie2016
    Minnie2016 Posts: 3 Member
    Hi, im looking for motivation to reach my goals really struggling and have 55kgs to loose please add me i am just finding my way back to MFP
  • WSOX37
    WSOX37 Posts: 1,611 Member
    Add