I'm new!

Options
I have a goal to lose 40 lbs by July 5th, my 40th Birthday!

Replies

• finley360
    finley360 Posts: 16
    Options
    welcome! : )
  • Pam37841
    Pam37841 Posts: 286
    Options
    HI, and good luck. We are starting a challenge thread, It might help with motivation. You can add me as a friend if you would like and I can point you in the direction of the tread we have started for the challenge.
  • tuppertracy
    tuppertracy Posts: 14
    Options
    That's one of the reasons I joined. I'm going to be 40 next April and want to lose 65 pounds by then. I just started this week and already love it. Welcome and friend me if you like!
  • oldhippy
    oldhippy Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Welcome, thats a very ambitious target, dont be too hard on your self, life is marathon not a sprint. Wishing you every success.
  • iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Hi Trish,
    Wow...That is truly an aggressive goal. I had a goal to lose 30# in 60 days which would end on 7/1, and have had to change the goal to just exercise daily and eat and average of 1200 calories a day until then. I find that as we lose weight, we put on muscle which of course is heavier than fat, so I was getting disappointed with my progress. After looking at myself, I saw that I was slowly moving the belt loop in further, my underwear was not fitting tight anymore, and my pants was dropping off my *kitten*. Yes, I would very much love to make my goal, but I think I will be just satisfied to be in a size 36 pants by that date...That would be a 6 inch drop in 4 months. So keep ya goals, but be ready to adjust as you go along so you can stay motivated. BTW...I want to drop the weight to go on a cruise and would like to walk around the ship with a tank top shirt and not be embarassed.
  • DESIREE1210
    DESIREE1210 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    That's only like 6 weeks away, good luck to you.........
  • cj1234cj23
    cj1234cj23 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. It's a great site! Your goal of losing 40 pounds in six weeks is a little severe, :smile: , but I do believe you'll find that the people and this site have a lot of great advice. Good luck and add me as a friend if you'd like.