Something weird is going on with my calorie allotment and macros

Options
snickerscharlie
snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
edited May 2015 in Health and Weight Loss

Here is what my calorie allotments and macros are when viewed from the Goals page:

yd45kpmpclnr.jpg
This info is correct.

Yet when I go to my Food page, the daily allotments are different (and higher). These allotments are actually reflecting exactly what it was when I was 5 lbs heavier:

jot2v4emqcwk.jpg

I have tried recalculating from the Goals page, but although the results and numbers on that page remain the same as in the first picture, the stats on my Food page continue to reflect the higher amounts.

Anyone have a clue what's going on? I do have a Fitbit synched with MFP and have allowed negative adjustments, but that's not the issue here. When I scroll forward to future days (where the negative fitbit adjustments don't come into play yet) the stat discrepancies remain.

Thanks!

Replies

• krupskaya
    krupskaya Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same problem! I've no idea what's going on...
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    @Olivia @Rachel - Think this one is for your next meeting with the designer guys....
  • snickerscharlie
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I should also mention that I haven't gained any weight at any point. I've been losing steadily, so I have no idea why my Food page is arbitrarily reflecting higher allotments from 5 lbs ago. :(

If it was going to screw up, I'd much rather it had given me *less* calories than more!

I wonder how long it's been doing so... <sigh>

• editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Percentage-based goals change when you get Fitbit calorie adjustments. For example, if your protein goal is 20% of calories, it's higher on days with a positive adjustment, and lower on days with a negative adjustment.

You can learn more in the Fitbit Users group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users
  • snickerscharlie
    Options
    editorgrrl wrote: »
    Percentage-based goals change when you get Fitbit calorie adjustments. For example, if your protein goal is 20% of calories, it's higher on days with a positive adjustment, and lower on days with a negative adjustment.

You can learn more in the Fitbit Users group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users

I'm a member of the Fitbit Users group, but I really don't think this has anything to do with my Fitbit. Note that I said, "I do have a Fitbit synched with MFP and have allowed negative adjustments, but that's not the issue here. When I scroll forward to future days (where the negative fitbit adjustments don't come into play yet) the stat discrepancies remain."

If you look at the pictures I posted above, you'll see that my BASE calorie allotment has been adjusted upwards, too, not just my macros. This is occurring *before* any Fitbit adjustments come into play. :)

• sandryc79
    sandryc79 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I would put this in the Tech support/need help forum. Better chance there of getting a mfp staff member to read/respond
  • snickerscharlie
    edited May 2015
    Options
    sandryc79 wrote: »
    I would put this in the Tech support/need help forum. Better chance there of getting a mfp staff member to read/respond
    I tried to do that before I started the thread here, because that made sense to me, too. ;)

Apparently that section is closed as there's no way to start a new thread there, and the last one was started back in August of 2014. :(

• snickerscharlie
    Options
    I'd be interested to see if many others are having this same issue. There's strength ( and company) in numbers. ;)
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    sorry can't help...my phone app and website all match what I set it up as...
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options

You have to pay for Premium if you want "VIP customer service support": http://blog.myfitnesspal.com/introducing-myfitnesspal-upgrade/
  • ArvinSloane
    ArvinSloane Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I have been having this issue when I try to update my custom goals. I emailed MFP about it a few days ago, and got a canned response that it's a known bug and that they're working on it. (For the record, I coughed up for "premium," which makes the lack of progress doubly annoying.)
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    I'd suggest logging this as a bug at http://myfitnesspal.desk.com/
  • snickerscharlie
    Options

You have to pay for Premium if you want "VIP customer service support": http://blog.myfitnesspal.com/introducing-myfitnesspal-upgrade/

I'm in Canada, so premium isn't even an option for me. :(

• snickerscharlie
    edited May 2015
    Options
    segacs wrote: »
    I'd suggest logging this as a bug at http://myfitnesspal.desk.com/

Thanks, @segacs. I've emailed them and included a link to this thread for details as to my issue. And yes, I reported it as a bug. :)

• snickerscharlie
    Options
    Heard back from Support:

Thank you for taking the time to contact us and for bringing this to our attention. We are aware of the problem, and are currently working on a resolution. We hope to have a fix in place as soon as possible. Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Warm Regards,
    Jay
    MyFitnessPal Staff

So if anyone else is having this issue, hopefully it gets fixed soon. :)
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,149 MFP Staff
    Options

Our customer support team replies to every email and support case (regardless if you are a premium member). The tech forums section of our message boards is an archive of old content and will eventually be removed but exists currently as a read-only history. The old tech forums was replaced with our Support Center.

Apologies to all who are experiencing this bug and thanks to @snickerscharlie for sharing the reply and folks in this discussion for helping him locate our support team.