What parts of your body make you insecure, or how did you ov

Options
Sunjenk
Sunjenk Posts: 139 Member
What parts of your body make you insecure, or how did you overcome insecurities!

For me it is the back of my knees, and the inner side next to both knee :)

Give tips for anyone you might be able to help :)

Replies

• aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    For the back of your knees, you need to find exercises to work your hamstrings. For the inner side, your quads or adductors & abductors (those inner thigh machines that look like stirrups?).

My least favorite right now is my jiggly arms. I've been working them hard but it's been hard for me to lose fat so I've been trying to eat really clean and am trying to get more cardio in.
  • DancingYogini
    DancingYogini Posts: 377
    Options
    Isn't it interesting what we find offensive on our own bodies? I hate my feet, my knees (someone told me they looked like potatoes once!) and my inner thighs! I obviously can't change my feet or the shape of my knees...and with the amount of yoga I do, this is the best my thighs will ever look, so I guess I have to learn to love myself as is :heart: Easier said than done!! Oh, and what bothers me on my own body never bothers me on someone elses!!
  • mawhite717
    mawhite717 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    my belly :o( it makes me sad
  • picturesing
    picturesing Posts: 228
    Options
    My face or more accurately - my eyes - in pictures all I see and little squinty slits where my eye balls should be.
    No don't go gettin all mushy for me - It's been like this my entire (almost) 52 years....I deal with it...LOL
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    What parts of your body make you insecure, or how did you overcome insecurities!

For most of my life it was my bum. Even in high school (I now have 2 grown daughters) when I was only 115 lbs I thought my bum was fat. I still do most of the time, but I don't worry about it since I met my husband 6 years ago because he's always telling me it's my best feature. Who knew all I had to do was marry Sir Mixalot to learn to love my bum :laugh:
  • DESIREE1210
    DESIREE1210 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Has to be my arms and my thighs. I plan on having liposuction and reconstruction surgery to make me feel better about it.
  • DancingYogini
    DancingYogini Posts: 377
    Options
    My face or more accurately - my eyes - in pictures all I see and little squinty slits where my eye balls should be.
    No don't go gettin all mushy for me - It's been like this my entire (almost) 52 years....I deal with it...LOL

Ha...I have small eyes too. They are almond shaped, so I like that, and they are a blueish/green, which I also like...just wish they were bigger and wider set...I'm 42, so I've learned to deal with it too LOL
  • adougherty10
    Options
    My belly & thighs.
  • Balfour35
    Balfour35 Posts: 13
    Options
    My belly....but I'm working on it!~
  • LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    my legs.... mainly my calves... they are very muscular but thick... :ohwell:
  • rosepetals88
    Options
    My thighs and abdomen! But it shall pass with hard work and time :)
  • Newmammaluv
    Newmammaluv Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    My lower tummy and my upper inner thighs. My tummy I hide well enough that it doesn't bother me unless I'm standing naked in bright light but my thighs were great until yo-yo diets ruined the elasticity in my skin! Boo... now there's not much I can do except work out and save money. Oh and never wear a bathing suit!
  • mustangurl
    mustangurl Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    my back and my tummy. my back is almost toned up and my belly seems to get flatter everyday (when i touch it, looking at it and i still see a big ole gut)!
  • hunniebunn
    hunniebunn Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    My thighs, obliques, and when I wear a sports bra I have little fat pouches that form at the bottom on my back :grumble:
  • TheNewLK
    TheNewLK Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    everything from the knees up right about now...but im working on it
  • mishelnkiki
    mishelnkiki Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    everything from the knees up right about now...but im working on it
    i love every single part of u so u stop that talk young lady!
  • mishelnkiki
    mishelnkiki Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    and for me... its my stomach and back fat. no matter how hard i try (which isnt hard lately) i just cant seem to lose whats there.
  • TheNewLK
    TheNewLK Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    and for me... its my stomach and back fat. no matter how hard i try (which isnt hard lately) i just cant seem to lose whats there.

Well you know I love every part of you so zip it!!!
  • Karleyyy
    Karleyyy Posts: 857
    Options

Same! But it has gotten so much better, to where I actually don't mind how they look anymore.
  • jagh09
    jagh09 Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    My thighs and arms! Even when i was young and thin, my arms always felt HUGE to me. Now...well, things are bigger so you can imagine. And my thighs with the chub-rub drive me crazy. I get the bunching pants/shorts that rub between the thighs and make a "look at me" bunch! I hate that. But, I too, am working on it! Slow and steady.