Polar F4 Waterproof?

Options
kms1981
kms1981 Posts: 207 Member
Have you worn yours in water? I am going to an indoor water park this weekend and wondered if I could wear it (even for a bit) to see how many calories I burn...

Replies

• Hotlanta123
    Hotlanta123 Posts: 12
    Options
    I'm not sure which the F4 is, but I've had a couple of polar heart rate monitors that were supposedly waterproof and were not. I've worn them in the shower and they will continue to work if they get wet, but you might get some water under the crystal and that can distort the display and make it very difficult to read. I also think that water was the culprit for the light not working.
  • melischemitz
    melischemitz Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT4 and I use it in the pool all the time, it works fine.
  • RProhofsky
    RProhofsky Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    FT4
    Product Finder
    Compare Products

At a GlanceFull FeaturesTechnical specsWhat's in the box
    Body measurement features
    Recording features
    Training features
    Watch features
    Backlight
    Date and weekday indicator
    Display text in English, German, Finnish, Swedish, French, Portuguese, Spanish, and Italian
    Dual time zone
    KeyLock
    Low battery indicator
    Time of day (12/24h) with alarm and snooze
    User replaceable battery
    Water resistant – 30m
  • MayMaydoesntrun
    MayMaydoesntrun Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    This is good to know, I'm wearing mine kayaking tomorrow. Could get wet, who knows?
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    Reading some of the blurb on it - it says Water resistant - 50m..... I am normally very cautious with anything that does not say waterproof......

Is there any information in your user manual? I know with my Suunto it clearly tells you not to press any of the buttons while in the water under the water..... I activate it while dry - and then stop it after I have quickly wiped the HRM off again.
  • kimberg75
    kimberg75 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I have been wanting to get a HRM. Do you like the polar? Do you mind telling me how much it costs and where I can get one? Thanks so much!
  • Hype
    Hype Posts: 349
    Options
    bump
  • kms1981
    kms1981 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Got mine on Amazon.com for $85 and love it! Its the FT4 by Polar.
  • Swimgoddess
    Swimgoddess Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Bump :)
  • hill2302
    hill2302 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I just ordered mine today off amazon for $75 with free shipping. Can't wait for it to get here.
  • mom2dms
    mom2dms Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Do you wear the heart rate strap in the water? I know the watch is water proof to a certain point, but off the top of my head I don't remember what that depth is

• mom2dms
    mom2dms Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Do you wear the heart rate strap in the water? I know the watch is water proof to a certain point, but off the top of my head I don't remember what that depth is

• amlippold
    amlippold Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I bought mine for $50 on mobilepc.com much better price than amazon.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Believe it states its fine for under water, but you shouldn't be pushing the buttons on the side while under water.
  • WeightWatcherCindy
    Options
    I got my FT4 off EBay . It was brand new in the package for $60 .
  • cmcmommy
    cmcmommy Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I have the polar PT7 I love it! Amazon around 75$
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT4 and it is waterproof up to 30 meters. I haven't tested it too much besides in the shower or in the pouring rain, but I would think as long as it is swimming or whatever, it would be fine.