I Quit Diet Soda today !

Options
I Quit Diet Soda today !

I don't even know how I got on that habit the first time.
Quit for a long time -- years
Then I was slurp'in' 'em down again.

I wasn't able to reconcile that there was ANYthing good in that can for me.. so I quit Today.

So far, no Diet Soda

I quit caffeine over six months ago, so I was really drinking what they call the Why-Bother variety. :drinker:

:noway:

Replies

• LauraDubbleya
    LauraDubbleya Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    You are a stronger person than I am!! I need my caffiene and Diet Coke gives it to me when coffee isn't available!! Good for you!!
  • dancinblonde0099
    dancinblonde0099 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Good job! I like my died coke. Mmm. I hope one day I will quit!
  • adougherty10
    Options
    That is one of my many addictions I need to overcome to become a healthier me - I hope it lasts for you - you can be an inspiration to all us diet pop junkies!
  • Carek99
    Carek99 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I did this a few weeks ago. Warning, you will be grumpy for a few days. Warn those close to you.

Between all the studies on artificial sweeteners and the rising price, this was a fantastic decision for me, and I hope you feel it is for you as well.
  • spazzling21
    Options
    I need to do the same. I don't drink caffeine either. For some reason I just like my beverages to have a little fizz to them. I should switch to sparkling water or something. *Sigh.* Maybe someday.
  • gatorflyer
    gatorflyer Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Excellent job. I quit pepsi cold turkey myself and have absolutely NO regrets. I used to be seriously addicted, drinking some rediculous amout. I ALWAYS had a pepsi with me wherever I was. I have replaced the addiction with my new freind - Water. It is really quite refreshing. About 3 months ago, someone handed me a pepsi and I took one sip and couldn't drink it. It was so sickeningly sweet I could not stand the taste. Hats off to you!
  • sovokit
    sovokit Posts: 9
    Options
    Way to go! You don't know how bad Aspartame really is! I am sooo proud of you!! Keep it up.:wink:
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    that is fantastic!
    Cutting out diet soda will definitely help curb your cravings for sweet stuff! all that artificial sweetener in them really plays nasty tricks on your head/body.

Yay you!!!!
  • biggiwig
    biggiwig Posts: 76
    Options
    I would love to drink a diet coke every now and then, but I blow up like a balloon and my stomach goes crazy after drinking diet sodas. I guess it is the sweeteners. So I only drink water or tea. Well, diet soda is probably not something a body really needs. So good for you too.
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I still drink Diet Coke, but only after I have met my water intake for the day. that is my compromise. :wink:
  • Cletc
    Cletc Posts: 352
    Options
    I should switch to sparkling water or something.

This is what I am doing today.
    There is a case of Perier individual bottles in the household here, so I will help the others finish that off and then I will try to Avoid the Fizz.

I think it's supposed to be bad for bones (...at my age...). Anyone know? :noway:
  • craftylatvian
    craftylatvian Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I quit cold turkey at the end of March. I only drink water during the day. I still get my coffee fix in the morning and do allow myself one fountain soda (not diet) on the weekends so I don't relapse.
    I was sipping on diet soda all day and it took a toll on my two front teeth which have been reconstructed 2 times in 5 years. The acid in soda is bad, but really bad if you subject your teeth to it all day long.
  • oxavecamourxo
    oxavecamourxo Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You're going to feel so much better!

I quit drinking soda cold turkey a few years ago. My husband and I started a bet to see who could go the longest without drinking it. It went on for a year until I finally lost. I accidentally took a sip of soda when a restaurant gave me the wrong drink & I didn't notice. But, even though the bet is over, we still don't drink soda & don't miss it one bit. :happy:
  • TexasNurseMom78
    TexasNurseMom78 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    i quit diet sodas, and sodas all together 3 months ago. I drink water, unsweet tea or crystal light. I dont even miss it. accidentally took a swig of my daugters cuo the other day which was regular coke. Ugh! tastes so gross to me now! Cant believe I ever drank that stuff!