Slim Rice

Options
Decided to try this as it was on penny sale at Holland & Barrett. Have read some of the previous posts and it was with some trepidation that I gave it a go. After rinsing I cooked it in a teaspoon of garlic oil, stirred through a beaten egg and added a teaspoon of light soy sauce. All for 129 cals and 2g carbs. It was a delicious lunch! I think I even preferred it to rice. Anyone got experience of what else works well?

Replies

• breathebelievejen
    breathebelievejen Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! I've also seen the slim rice and pasta in H&B and was tempted to try them. I might give the pasta a go based on your reaction. Shame it's as expensive as it is, though!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    The pasta isn't bad if it's in a more flavourful sauce. I didn't know they were doing rice.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    calorie deficit always works well for me ….not some weird rice substitute…fyi, I eat real rice almost every night, and I have no issue losing.
  • Christinemillar800
    Christinemillar800 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Haven’t tried the pasta yet but it’s probably the same stuff in a different shape. It is expensive so it’s going to have to be an occasional thing. Quite fancy doing something with nuts for flavour!
  • PositivelyFlawed
    PositivelyFlawed Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Do you have the complete nutritional info ie. Fibre, sodium etc.. I'm all for eating what you want, BUT rice can be quite calorie dense. Would be nice to have another, lower calorie option, but won't be worth even 100 calories if it doesn't have some nutritional value to consuming it. Thanks!
  • Becky_charles29
    Becky_charles29 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I have this with home-made chilli - it's like 14 calories for the pack lol
  • Christinemillar800
    Christinemillar800 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    For the whole 200g pack 18 cal, 8.0g fibre, 0.4g protein, 0g fat, 0g carbs, 0g salt. That’s according to the pack.
  • Becky_charles29
    Becky_charles29 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    oops - 4 cals off :p
  • lauraweres
    lauraweres Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I always have these now and again!