Fruit and calories

Options
If I am dedicated to losing weight FAST, should I count the fruit I eat in my calories?

Replies

• DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Of course. They have calories in. Count EVERYTHING you eat that has calories in.

When you say lose weight fast, how fast are you thinking?
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Why would you not count it? Fruit has calories, therefor it should be counted.
  • sandryc79
    sandryc79 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Count everything that has calories :smiley:

Try to be as accurate as possible. Many people use a food scale with good results.
  • kgraves3
    kgraves3 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    If you want to lose weight at ANY pace, you need to count everything you eat. Fruit has lots of sugars, and if you start counting those fruit calories I think you'll be surprised by just how many calories some fruit has.

Almost everything has at least some calories, and it's easy to underestimate them. I track everything I eat or drink, even water. It's an essential habit to develop.
  • pawamonster
    pawamonster Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Alternatively, consider taking a break from eating fruit. I've found that eating sugar, including fruit sugar, makes it harder to control appetite for me. Sugar causes my blood sugar to spike and drop (and I get hangry at the drop and make bad decisions). You might want to focus on lower glycemic vegetables instead, at least for a few weeks. If your body chemistry is like mine, you'll find your energy stays more stable throughout the day without fruit or other sugars.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Count everything you eat. Even spices and vitamins have calories.

Also how fast is fast? How much do you need to loose and how fast do you expect to loose it? Are you looking at a plan for long term success or just a quick fix? You want to get a mindset of being in it for the long haul, especially if you need to loose a lot.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    leahhbri wrote: »
    If I am dedicated to losing weight FAST, should I count the fruit I eat in my calories?

if you're calorie counting, you count everything. Not sure why you would think not to count calories from fruit...everything has calories...if you're calorie counting you want to capture everything.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options

Also how fast is fast? How much do you need to loose and how fast do you expect to loose it? Are you looking at a plan for long term success or just a quick fix? You want to get a mindset of being in it for the long haul, especially if you need to loose a lot.

This is really important to remember.
  • leahhbri
    leahhbri Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Well, I just recently gained 30 pounds from being in school. I want to lose about 25 pounds by August and then I will be happy.