40 something Mom in need of life changed

Options
I have for the last 10 years continued to gain weight but have lowered my food intake. I haven't had much of an appetite which with some bowel issues and acid reflux on top of being lactose my metabolism has really slowed down in fact I have no metabolism. So with getting ready to turn 44 and having my daughter graduate I have realized I need to make some life changes. So I went to see a nutrition gastro surgeon. And now I am on a new diet. So the journey begins.

Replies

• SunflowerCat74
    SunflowerCat74 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I hope your new diet helps! I have some GI issues and have resolved them mostly through diet alone. It's amazing when you start tracking your food - you see how many calories you're really consuming, how nutritious your diet is (or isn't) and you'll learn which ones are trigger foods. Good luck! I hope you feel much better on your new diet.
  • guillenpat
    guillenpat Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wow, you sound like me. I have also been steadily gaining weight or the last 10 years. I removed all the mirrors from my home except the kid's rooms and bathroom. I need to get motivated and do something about my weight but it's hard because I have asthma. Not giving up though. Good luck on your journey to a better you!
  • Justygirl77
    Justygirl77 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm so ready for those changes, too!
  • Shineprincess
    Shineprincess Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi where is everyone from??lm new to this..Since the death of my father 6mths ago and 18mths of illness lve gained 8 kilos extra..Now l need to loose 20kilos... HELP!!! <3
  • FlowVinyasa
    FlowVinyasa Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Count me in for motivation and support! X