Pelvis Wider Than Hips & The Dreaded "Dip"

Options
flrancho
flrancho Posts: 271 Member
Firstly, I am overweight. I have about 45 pounds left to loose, most of which is around my midsection. I know once I loose everything I'm still going to be "skinny fat", which will require more gym time than what I've already put in while in the weight loss process

I have noticed, increasingly as I've been loosing more weight, that my pelvis is wider than my hips and that my hips seem to be wider than my thighs - in an unnatural way. I have a "dip" between my pelvis and hips (or maybe its between my hips and my thighs), that I can literally stick my whole fist into. I find it very unattractive.

Is there anything I can do to get rid of this "dip" aside from surgery or wearing padding to "fill in" the dip? I've been doing hip exercises at the gym, hoping that I could build muscle to fill in the dip, but it doesn't seem to be working.

Replies

• rawstrongchick
    rawstrongchick Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    There is nothing 'unnatural' about this. It's completely normal to have that dip between your pelvis and hips.

There is no real muscle mass in that location as as body fat drop the amount of fat that gets stored in that area drops with it.

Sorry you find it very unattractive. I personally love mine, and so does my husband!