TOO MUCH FRUIT??????

Options
bacarter18
bacarter18 Posts: 48 Member
Is it possible to eat TOO MUCH fruit during the day? I know it has sugars in it... but are they bad sugars?

Replies

• goddessofmath
    goddessofmath Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I want to know this too. I eat a lot of fruit instead of starches and 100 calorie packs. :)
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/168667-the-great-fruit-debate

The short answer is yes.... but there is the longer version if you want it.
  • gooberr4
    gooberr4 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    it seems like a possibility since fruit has sugar in it but it is better for you because it's naturally occurring sugar.
  • carpar1
    carpar1 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    My husband was making extra large smoothies, fruit only, I was drinking every morning for breakfast until I changed my diary to count my sugar for the day. Now I am drinking a smoothie about 1/3 the size I was originally downing, we will see what happens next week at weigh-in.
  • sarahazelnut99
    sarahazelnut99 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Your body doesn't see any difference between the sugar in candy and the sugar in fruit. OBVIOUSLY fruit is much more nutritious but still. try to watch your sugar intake and try to hit your maximum by eating healthy foods. I asked this question to my friend who is a nutritionist a while ago and started to realize how difficult cutting sugars out really was...now every time i eat a cupcake i want to throw up because my body cant take it!
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    The link to the sugars table is broken in the old article. Here is the new link:

http://thepaleodiet.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Fruits-Sugars.html
  • bacarter18
    bacarter18 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    It really is surprising how much sugar is in EVERYTHING. but when i stick to the natural sugars I obviously FEEL better about it... but today i only had one Yoplait Light yogurt and 1 cup of canteloupe... and that put me over in sugars! I'm still losing weight, so I feel okay about it... but just thought I'd ask. I tend to stock up on fruits for snacks because I like it so much and would rather have that than chips or something.