Biggest meal of the day?

Options
milocamolly
milocamolly Posts: 91 Member
edited May 2015 in Food and Nutrition
I am noticing that lately if I have a protein shake in the morning a large lunch and a shake in the evening I am able to keep within my calorie range and not going to bed hrungry. What is your largest meal? Or do you try to keep your meals about the same amount cal wise? Do others eat like this also?

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Options
    Dinner is my largest meal.

I don't eat breakfast <<gasp, horror>>
    I have a small mid-morning snack
    I have a medium-sized lunch
    I have a small mid-afternoon snack
    I have a slightly larger late-afternoon snack
    I have a large-ish dinner
    And then I have a small late evening snack.

Works for me. :)
  • krissyreminisce
    krissyreminisce Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Dinner for me, simply because it comes after my workout. :)
  • roycenichols
    roycenichols Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Breakfast and post-workout meal are my largest.
  • roycenichols
    roycenichols Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    It depends on what your schedule is. I don't have the time to eat six small meals a day, it's just not feasible, so I have to eat larger meals. It also depends on what you do each day. If you have a big day in the gym (hard lift day) or something of that nature then you eat more (especially right after your workout) because your body needs it
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Dinner is 70% of my calories. I wont eat it till post workout, so eat quite late.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Evening meal for me. Generally 1000-1500 calories.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    My breakfasts are usually light. They used to be the largest meal of the day but my schedule changed for a while, and I got used to a light breakfast even though I have my mornings free again.

On most days lunch is my largest meal and dinner tends to be 200-300 calories because I lose appetite in the evening.

Sometimes I skip breakfast if I don't feel like eating, other times I skip dinner if I happen to have a late lunch at 4 pm.

Sometimes I graze nonstop throughout the day without any real meals.

Sometimes I eat a large dinner if I'm going out (but I've noticed it makes me wake up hungry though)

It really depends on how my work schedule goes, but I find small breakfast and dinner and big lunch to be a good combination for me, with a few snacks in between.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it's breakfast and sometimes dinner/supper. Only very rarely is lunch the biggest for me. I love big breakfasts though.
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    If I had my own way I'd have a decent breakfast, massive lunch, little tea, but usually it's more like decent breakfast, reasonable lunch, big tea. At least that way I can eat with my family in the evenings, but I get hungriest like 8am-2pm so it takes a bit of effort to allow enough calories for tea.
  • boomhower1820
    boomhower1820 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    When I'm working it's lunch. Usually have to eat out so it's a calorie killer. When I'm off it's typically dinner with my family.
  • Lexieberry
    Lexieberry Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Dinner
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    Most of the time mine is dinner, post workout and it ends up being kind of late. The late doesn't bother me with anything and it keeps me from wanting a snack before bed. Occasionally I will go out to lunch though, then I will keep my dinner smaller.
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    dinner has traditionally been my biggest meal, however, our doctor recently recommended a much lower carb/higher fat plan for my husband and in an effort to be supportive and make it work, I've been following along. I've found as we've been doing this that most of my meals are pretty even as far as the calories go, around 500, give or take, per meal and then a couple of reasonably caloric snacks (my base target calories are 1750 but adding in 1/2 earned exercise calories I'm usually eating around 1950-2000 and losing appropriately still)
  • suke28
    suke28 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Breakfast, but my issue currently is snacking in between meals. Snacking wouldn't be a big issue if it were low calorie, but nope=P
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Lunch.

But two shakes a day would make me very sad.
  • KristinaG_is_losing_it
    KristinaG_is_losing_it Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Lunch for me. I usually have a quest bar and coffee for breakfast and then a large lunch. Dinner is usually lean protein (chicken/turkey) and a veggie or two. Sometimes my dinner and lunch are bigger but only on the nights I'm doing heavy lifting/cardio sessions. I don't really snack in between my meals either unless it's a quest bar before/after working out.
  • spat095
    spat095 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Lunch for me, by far - much smaller dinner. I find this is the only way I am not snacking all afternoon, to have a very satisfying lunch.
  • kmsoucy457
    kmsoucy457 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Breakfast and lunch are usually smaller meals, with a snack between each. Dinner is my largest meal of the day, by an extra 100-250 calories. I'd say consumption is pretty even through out the day; i'm constantly peckish so this is what works for me.
    My exceptions come on the weekends, when eating out is more likely. Whichever the larger meal (out) is, I'll adjust the others down.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    I usually consume the biggest percent of my calories as after dinner snacks. If not that, then dinner. I eat pretty light for breakfast/lunch
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I rarely snack. Breakfast is by far my smallest meal at ~170-250 cal.

Lunch and dinner trade off at being my largest meal, each between 400-600 and sometimes more, depending on my activities that day.