fitbit????

Options
Hi can anyone help me im thinking of getting the fitbit flex mainly to track steps etc are they any good does anyone have one? Add me too if u would like. friends greatly appreciated

Replies

• missbutterfly92
    missbutterfly92 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I have one and it's great :) well worth the money!
  • holliedusteeeze
    holliedusteeeze Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Ok thank u im off to get it tomorrow...
  • terizius
    terizius Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    This isn't for the Flex, but here's a review by an MFP member on the Fitbit One: http://www.realbodiesrealresults.com/blog/fitbit-i-have-used-a-fitbit-product-almost-247
  • cassandraethier
    cassandraethier Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have the fitbit charge and I love it so much so far! Love how it displays time :smile:
  • DesertGunR
    DesertGunR Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I have the FitBit Surge and it SUCKS @SS! I would not recommend any FitBit product after my experience with them as a company in dealing with them as I try to get resolution. If you want to track steps get one that clips to your foot or belt. Many other good products and better companies then them.
  • Zechariahblack
    Zechariahblack Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Just download a step tracker to your smart phone - I have just about every "Runtastic" Pro app available for Android and in total they cost me FAR less than a "fitbit" and they do everything +more that a "fitbit" does.
  • holliedusteeeze
    Options
    Ok bit of a varied opinion thanks anyway i have got one and it seems ok i cant always carry my phone around hence needing something else but i will see how it goes thanks again though...
  • stephaniemischao
    stephaniemischao Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I recently got the Charge HR and I would highly recommend it, it's great 'cos it automatically refunds your calories in MFP. If you're not wanting to get an accurate cals burned from exercise through the heart rate monitor then Im sure the flex is great. I got mine as an ex display model from ebay as well so it was cheaper. If anyones interested message me and I'll link you to the seller I got it from if they still have them :).

Friend requests welcome :D
  • PrettyPearl88
    PrettyPearl88 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I have the Fitbit One and it's great for very basic step, activity, and calorie tracking. I work in the legal field, so the fact that my Fitbit One is so small and I can easily clip it somewhere hidden to keep it out of sight is just very practical for me. For tracking basic steps and calories, I highly recommend either the Fitbit One or Fitbit Zip. But the Zip is the cheapest at only $60, because it doesn't track sleep or stairs unlike the One, and it's also super small with a little clip. I'd say go with the Zip; it's fairly inexpensive, small, and does the job.
  • holliedusteeeze
    Options
    Im fully fitbit flex ing now lol beat my 10,000 steps today but ive decided to wear it round my ankle as is more accurate i think ...
  • anniebeemarcu
    anniebeemarcu Posts: 6 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I have been pretty pleased with my flex too
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Hi can anyone help me im thinking of getting the fitbit flex mainly to track steps etc are they any good does anyone have one? Add me too if u would like. friends greatly appreciated

You can learn more in the Fitbit Users group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users

I lost the weight & have maintained for ten months thanks to my Fitbit. I say buy one at a store near you, keep the receipt, and return it if you don't like it.
  • editorgrrl
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Im fully fitbit flex ing now lol beat my 10,000 steps today but ive decided to wear it round my ankle as is more accurate i think ...

The logarithm is designed to calculate your TDEE when worn on your wrist. Trust your Fitbit!
  • holliedusteeeze
    Options
    Oh i see thanks editorgrrl but it calculates steps when im not stepping round my wrist....
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    We all are motivated by different things, but getting the Fitbit Charge two months ago was the turning point for me. Since then I've lost 20 pounds and last weekend ran my first 5k. The FitBit was every bit as important in accomplishing this as using MFP.

I tried the phone app pedometers but the ones I tried seem to burn through my phone's battery rather quickly.
  • editorgrrl
    Options
    Oh i see thanks editorgrrl but it calculates steps when im not stepping round my wrist....

Which is more important to you—an accurate step count or an accurate TDEE?
  • AlinaRose17
    AlinaRose17 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I have used a Fitbit Flex consistently for over a year and half now and over time it has been less and less useful. I think that while it is a useful tool to get information on my baseline activity levels outside of the gym, it is best suited for someone who struggles with motivation or who isn't doing weightlifting 80-90% of the time, as that means nothing to the Fitbit.
  • jetortola
    jetortola Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I actually just downloaded the fitbit app, but without a device -- instead the app uses my iPhone to count steps -- and synced it with MFP -- and I really appreciate that it gives me negative calorie adjustment when I'm a slack-*kitten*! It just motivated me to get up and do a few flights of stairs!

Note, I do plan on getting a device as I don't carry my phone constantly -- I just wanted to see how it worked first.
  • holliedusteeeze
    Options
    Thanks for all your help and advice and to be completely honest I'm just starting out and just to get motivated and moving is the most important part for me I control my calories but everything else will come in time one step at a time we'll 10,000 actually good luck all with your journeys feel free to add me if u like x