Cereals with semi skimmed milk

Options
sonu0902
sonu0902 Posts: 48 Member
Just need some help on healthy breakfast cereals to go with semi skimmed milk as I don't like porridge or yoghurt in the morning

Replies

• mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    what do you mean by healthy? Low Cal? Low fat? Low sugar?

Most cereals are around the same calories per 1 cup serving (120-150). So, I usually just chose the one that tastes best.

I rarely eat cereal, because I find that it doesn't fill me up. But when I do eat cereal, frosted flakes is my choice!
  • jddnw
    jddnw Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    All breakfast cereals go with all varieties of milk. Pick one that looks tasty to you.
  • bailey_mcalister
    bailey_mcalister Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    If you have a local Kroger visit their health section and look for Love Grown cereal brands! Made entire of beans, brown rice, and all natural ingriedents! The chocolate nightly flakes are my favorite but the power o's are probaly a little healthier. They all taste great!
  • Dave55412
    Dave55412 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Whole grain cereal with almond or coconut milk is good (for a non dairy option).
  • prestigio
    prestigio Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Wheatabix?
    Just check the ingredients for whole grains.
  • grandma194566
    grandma194566 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I at the moment have Special K with strawberries and I also use skim milk. I don't have it often as I am not a big cereal person but it does the trick for me. I check the sugar, sodium and carb on cereals then go with the one that has the lowest of all 3.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    jddnw wrote: »
    All breakfast cereals go with all varieties of milk. Pick one that looks tasty to you.

^^ This... at the moment, I'm eating corn flakes. :yum: It's all about what fits into your daily calories.
  • feisty_bucket
    feisty_bucket Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    Captain Crunch w/vanilla protein powder, gelatin powder, and a cup of whole milk post-lifting. Great!
    mkakids wrote: »
    Most cereals are around the same calories per 1 cup serving (120-150). So, I usually just chose the one that tastes best.

Yes, thanks for pointing this out. All cereal has pretty much the same specs; don't kid yourself.
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Bob's Red Mill Muesli
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Chocolate Lucky Charms.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I have yet to find a low calorie cereal... Maybe if you're content with the measly 45g serving size they give you, you'll be all good, but for me anything under 100g isn't filling enough :flushed:

My top picks:

Muesli
    weetbix
    sultana bran
    special k
    oats

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I have yet to find a low calorie cereal... Maybe if you're content with the measly 45g serving size they give you, you'll be all good, but for me anything under 100g isn't filling enough :flushed:

My top picks:

Muesli
    weetbix
    sultana bran
    special k
    oats

I'm going to move to Australia if serving sizes are 45 grams...Honey Nut Cheerios is a whole 28 grams per serving!

OP, just eat the cereal you like.
  • galaxyeyed
    galaxyeyed Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »

My top picks:

Muesli
    weetbix
    sultana bran
    special k
    oats

I'm going to move to Australia if serving sizes are 45 grams...Honey Nut Cheerios is a whole 28 grams per serving!

28 grams per serving?? :anguished: How awful! I always wondered why people complained about the tiny serving sizes, the cereal I've been buying recently is 59 grams/serving, which fills the bowl (with milk) just fine, but if it were half that...I would be displeased.

If you like cranberries, raisin bran has a new cereal with half raisins and half craisins. It's been my fave lately! But yeah, just try whatever you like :)
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Krave choco roulette.
  • Clarewho
    Clarewho Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    I'm glad it's not just me. Always thought I was greedy logging 1.5 - 2 servings!
  • peter56765
    peter56765 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    The serving sizes for cereals are ridiculously small. I've never seen anyone eat the suggested 28g of cereal without measuring. It's a depressingly tiny amount. Most people just fill up the bowl and that can be anywhere from 40g to 80g depending on the cereal and the size of the bowl.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    catieraney wrote: »
    malibu927 wrote: »

My top picks:

Muesli
    weetbix
    sultana bran
    special k
    oats

28 grams per serving?? :anguished: How awful! I always wondered why people complained about the tiny serving sizes, the cereal I've been buying recently is 59 grams/serving, which fills the bowl (with milk) just fine, but if it were half that...I would be displeased.

If you like cranberries, raisin bran has a new cereal with half raisins and half craisins. It's been my fave lately! But yeah, just try whatever you like :)

Yeah...the only other cereal I consume, Life, is only 32 grams. The good thing is, with some yogurt and a banana, I'm usually good to go with it.