the wagon ran over me....

Options
This weekend I could not get enough food. It was like i had a taste of carbs and couldn't control myself. I think I have restricted myself so much in the last few weeks, I fell off the wagon hard this weekend and it ran me over!!!
Friday: after dinner I had 3 Eggo waffles slathered in peanut butter and honey. Saturday: I had two huge cookies with my deli sandwich at lunch. Then for dinner 5 pieces of Papa John's pepperoni pizza followed by two cookies and a milkshake from Chick-Fil-A. Sunday: HUGE brunch with tons of bread, and then i had homemade pizza for dinner.
I got on the scale this morning expecting to have gained 5 pounds, but didnt see movement (up) in the scale. Same as Friday. HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE???????? Will it show up later this week? What makes me feel like i have to have all that food? It was like I didnt care at all...

Replies

• Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Did you go over your calories Friday, Saturday, and/or Sunday or did these foods fit in your calorie goal?
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    You answered your own question as to the why, with the "over restricting" yourself. It's over now and if the scale is any indication, you won! SWEET!
  • kas1317
    kas1317 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    i went WAY over everyday! WAY! i didnt even key it in MFP. i am doing 1200 a day. heck, 5 pieces of pizza is probaly 1500 calories in itself! i think i will see it on the scale later this week
  • kamakazeekim
    kamakazeekim Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    A few "bad" days once in a while won't effect the scale too much. Now if you ate like that all the time it would definitely go up but just get back to eating your calorie goal and you'll be fine :)
  • donut0420
    donut0420 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Maybe not. I've had those kind of days as well - and by days I mean I'm eating 1200 normally, then spend 4 days at my mother in-law's eating nothing but real Egyptian food (lots of butter and carbs!) and lying around. When I came back, I hadn't gained anything. Couldn't explain it - just happened. And now the reverse - working out more than ever and jumped up a kilo. :( I prefer the former.
  • SkinnyMel78
    SkinnyMel78 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Today is a new day! Don't beat yourself up over it!! Also, allow yourself to have a taste of foods you enjoy if it fits into your day. This way you won't overdo it again!!
  • rugbyphreak
    rugbyphreak Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Mistakes happen. Don't restrict yourself that much or you'll binge. Eat healthy this week, take an extra walk, you'll be fine.
  • bainsworth1a
    bainsworth1a Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    you may see it later or maybe not. If you get back in control now any gain you see should come back off quickly.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I have had binges like this where nothing shows on the scale and been amazed. Felt like I got away with murder or something (well, not REALLY but you know what I mean.). I think you are being too restrictive. Try upping your calorie allowance by 100-200 calories a day inorder to allow some small treats. And/or exercise more and then eat back some of the calories.

The rest of the time try not to eat added sugar in your diet. Added sugar, not the natural sugar you find in fruit, etc. The more added sugar you eat the more your body seems to crave. At least, I do.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    the problem with blanket restriction, is that for many (if not most) people... once they get a taste of the so called 'off limit' food..... they can't stop.

Learning to eat in moderation, and learning how to enjoy the foods you love (even 'bad' ones) and learning how to STOP WHEN YOU ARE FULL (or stop at a certain point- whether its 2 pieces of pizza or whatever) and learning to eat within your calorie goals (and not beating yourself up for the random days where you go over.... is all (to me) IMPERATIVE to long term success. the foods you love arent going away. You have to learn how to live with them, and enjoy in moderation, so you don't binge.