Breakfasts

sonu0902
sonu0902 Posts: 48 Member
Best breakfast to eat

Replies

• JSurita2
    JSurita2 Posts: 1,304 Member
    Possibilities are endless. What do you like?
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Yesterday I made my own pan scrambler using a tablespoon of olive oil, 1/2 cup onion (green and white), one red bell pepper, two cloves garlic, oregano, three eggs and 4 tbsp egg whites, and two Kirkland garden burgers chopped up. Serves four.

My granddaughter warned me that the burgers are very bland, so I jazzed them up this way. I'm having it again at lunch today wrapped in a 6" pita.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    I usually reach for fruit or leftovers for breakfast.
  • sonu0902
    Just looking for healthy ideas in 300kcal
  • JSurita2
    Oatmeal
    Egg white veggie omelette
    Hard boiled egg w/piece of whole grain toast
    Fruit
    Toasted English Muffin with light cream cheese and tomato slice.

• jaqcan
    jaqcan Posts: 498 Member
    I really enjoy 1 whole egg, w/ 2 egg whites scrambled with a 1 tbsp sharp cheddar cheese on top of a piece or two of toast.
    Another breakfast I have frequently is 2 eggo waffles with pb and blueberries or banana, and drizzled with a little honey.
    Or just a greek yogurt if I need/want to spend more calories later in the day.
  • JSurita2
    Those are just some ideas, I wouldn't eat all of that for breakfast, just pick one. (of course)
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    I make a spinach fritatta, it runs about 190 on it's own, and I usually pair it with some toast to put it around the 300 mark, otherwise, just eat what you like to eat, even if it's not traditional breakfast.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    i eat this often... i worked out the calories, it's about 272 per serving.

http://www.budgetbytes.com/2012/03/kale-chorizo-frittata/

Kale+Chorizo+Strata+slice.jpg
  • Taymak23
    Taymak23 Posts: 6 Member
    Wish there were like buttons on here....addicted to fb much. I had a cappuccino slimfast shake. :)
  • spat095
    spat095 Posts: 105 Member
    I posted this in another thread recently, but it's my favorite and worth sharing again. ;) I add two egg whites to dry oatmeal with some cinnamon, use a fork to stir it up, then add 1/3 cup skim milk - microwave for 2 minutes, then put a second 1/3 cup of skim over it. You can't taste the egg and you add a lot of protein with very few extra calories. Keeps me very full!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Whatever you enjoy that helps you meet your calorie deficit goals.
  • sonu0902
    Thx everyone I've just got to remember to stay in calorie intake so many ideas
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Some kind of food, preferably something you both like and have access to.
  • thingirlsoon
    thingirlsoon Posts: 1 Member
    protibix keeps me going all morning - high protein weetabix
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    I usually like a 2 egg omelet with lots of veggies, since that gives me both protein and veggies. I often add smoked salmon or some kind of dairy (like cottage cheese or greek yogurt) on the side for more protein and may also add some fruit if I want a slightly larger breakfast or am in the mood for fruit.

You should figure out what you like, though--my preferences are: about 350-400 calories, cooked, protein, veggies.