Excuses, excuses

Options
2wise4u
2wise4u Posts: 229 Member
I love MFP and fell off the wagon about 2 months ago because of the usual (kids, not enough time to workout, forgetting to log in, schedule, work, etc.) but have realized that if I don't get motivated and use tools like MFP, I am condemning myself to health problems down the road. I am committed to sticking to it even if I don't get a hard workout in at the gym where I burn 700-800 calories in a sitting and occasionally slip with snacks (which I don't plan to do often). My hubbie is supportive and we both have fitbits and 50+ pounds to lose so no more excuses and accurate reporting.

Anyone willing to befriend me to help on this journey, please feel free to add me. I'd love to get some encouragement. :smile:

Thanks for reading.

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Welcome back, you've got this!
  • ArvinSloane
    ArvinSloane Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good. It's something I have to remind myself constantly.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    it took several times before i actually stayed (and did what i was supposed to do! LOL)

its probably that way for most of us LOL! ;)
  • fitfabforties
    fitfabforties Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me.....I'm here everyday....I'm 45 years old, 5'3", and I'm currently 136.6lb....down from 172lb.....my lowest was 120lb which I'm trying to get back to....I'd be happy with 125lb at least....you can do this!!!!
  • fitfabforties
    fitfabforties Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me.....I'm here everyday....I'm 45 years old, 5'3", and I'm currently 136.6lb....down from 172lb.....my lowest was 120lb which I'm trying to get back to....I'd be happy with 125lb at least....you can do this!!!!
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    If this is what you want to do, you have to make time for it. So easy to say, "I don't have time", and then two weeks later, bam, you've gained another half a pound. I doubt there's a single person on MFP who hasn't had the occasional setback - after all, we're human - but the ones who succeed get right back on track. Which is what you need to do. It's not hard, it's not time-consuming, unless you let it. Doesn't mean you have to neglect your kids to go to the gym. You can include your kids in your exercise program. Play ball with them. Chase after them. Do funny dances in front of the television and make them giggle. Get three sets of weights and all three of you exercise (no cheating - you get the heaviest!). Get creative with cooking low calorie but filling foods. YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!
  • atypicalsmith
    Options
    Ooops assuming you have two kids (!)
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    2wise4u wrote: »
    My hubby is supportive and we both have fitbits and 50+ pounds to lose so no more excuses and accurate reporting.

Anyone willing to befriend me to help on this journey, please feel free to add me. I'd love to get some encouragement.

You and your husband can find Fitbit friends in the Fitbit Users group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users

Fitbit challenges are great motivation!
  • Inglebert
    Inglebert Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hey. I'm in similar boat! I need to keep up my sports and eat cleaner - I'm bad for gluttonous ltd scoffing in the car. Must stop now!
  • atypicalsmith
    Options
    Inglebert wrote: »
    Hey. I'm in similar boat! I need to keep up my sports and eat cleaner - I'm bad for gluttonous ltd scoffing in the car. Must stop now!

Start your own thread :smile: