Intermittent Fasting Turned to Binging

Options
2»

Replies

• LeslieB042812
    LeslieB042812 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    DirrtyH wrote: »
    Hi you guys. I just wanted to say thank you so much for responding. I really appreciate your feedback and responses.

And I guess I do know its unhealthy, and I know IF isn't for everyone, and even though it makes me miserable I can't seem to get any control over it. Ive somehow engrained this huge breakfast into routine, and any change. . . I had told myself last night to keep a light breakfast so I can have fun with my friends tonight, but then I woke up at 3 and I kept telling myself not to eat and I did and I kept eating and it sucks. And it was the same thing about two weeks ago when I went to my grandparents, and the special curry dinner Gramps and I made was scheduled for 6. I tried to eat a light breakfast but then 2 hours before dinner I couldn't stand it and I ate 5 cookies sitting on the table. And that was my food for the day, and I couldn't eat dinner with them because I couldn't stop crying. Having curry is like a family tradition, and I blew it. Any change that I do makes me miserable.

And part of me agrees with all of you; it's not for me and its not working for me. I just. . . I've never. . . I don't even know how I got to this point.

And again, thank you for your responses.

I think you need to take a day and just accept that you're going to be over calories, possibly by a lot, for that day. Go ahead and eat your huge breakfast - but then forgive yourself and still eat normally for the rest of the day. Hopefully that will help break the cycle so that maybe the next day you'll be able to return to a more normal sized breakfast. ONE DAY IS NOT GOING TO DERAIL YOU. It will be okay if you have a day where you eat a lot. Just don't go near the scale for a few days after that - there will be a weight gain but it will only be water weight. It'll even out again after a few days, but seeing it is going to discourage you so just don't go there.

Yes! this is very good advice.
  • rocknroll667
    rocknroll667 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I don't remember people's bodies at pool parties. I remember how much fun they helped me have. Everyone is scared they won't be talked to, and concerned about their own bodies anyway etc. Come up with 1-3 pool games to play that get people involved and they'll remember you for how fun you are. And don't forget to smile and ask people how THeY are. Take the pressure of of yourself.

As far as calories.... You've got to retrain yourself per advice on MFP. Message me if you want.
  • minties82
    minties82 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    Your BMI is around 20. You don't need to lose any more weight.
  • lauraweres
    lauraweres Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    That's exactly how I am
  • angela233Z
    angela233Z Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Please go see a doctor or counselor
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I don't remember people's bodies at pool parties. I remember how much fun they helped me have. Everyone is scared they won't be talked to, and concerned about their own bodies anyway etc. Come up with 1-3 pool games to play that get people involved and they'll remember you for how fun you are. And don't forget to smile and ask people how THeY are. Take the pressure of of yourself.

As far as calories.... You've got to retrain yourself per advice on MFP. Message me if you want.

This!
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,238 Member
    Options
    1. You don't need to lose weight. Stop eating at a calorie deficit. Set your goals on maintain weight and eat all those calories.
    2. Start lifting weights. It will change how your body looks.