5 ft ladies... What's your goal weight?

Options
KayleighIsGoingFatToFit
KayleighIsGoingFatToFit Posts: 203 Member
edited May 2015 in Getting Started
Okay so I am only 5 ft and not 100% sure on what my goal weight should be. I have it set to 8 stone at the moment.
I was just curious what your goal weight is? (Please add your height too)
Thank you :)

Replies

• webrat_jen
    webrat_jen Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    hi! i am 31, and 5'2. i am working towards being 60kg (9.4 stone ), but with a longterm goal of getting to about 55kg (8.6stone). i am making good progress by using MFP and calorie in-calorie out coupled with a fitbit activity tracker.
    i would set a smaller goal, and find out how you react to progress towards reaching it. then reassess so that you could maybe slow the rate of losing weight to enjoy food and life more, or if you are happy with your diet carry on.

there is no hard and fast rule for what weight you should be, as every body is different (and us shorter girls rarely fit into the 'normal' range). use your own judgement to what you want from losing weight.
  • Chewitz
    Chewitz Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Hey

I've set mine as 8 stone 7

I'm 5 ft 1

I think I will judge how much to loose the closer I get only I'm 16 stone 2 right now
  • lagosforever
    lagosforever Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 1 and heading for 8stone. I am pretty petite up top and hold all my weight on my legs, so I tend to look bigger I think. I have been 7 1/2 stone but that is not easy to maintain and I like wine too much.
    Just starting off today at 8st 12lbs.
  • KayleighIsGoingFatToFit
    KayleighIsGoingFatToFit Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies! My aim in 8st but not sure if it should be 8st 7lb as I tend to hold weight in my bum, thighs and boobs :D
  • Chinkimof
    Chinkimof Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 2" and feel that 8 stone 4lbs suits my medium build. I have been lighter, 7 st 13 lbs but that is a bit light and hard to maintain.
  • 89Madeline
    89Madeline Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 an I think 147 pounds is what I weigh without trying too hard, but I want to get back to 140-141 which was my leanest so far.
  • Foursthemagicnumber
    Foursthemagicnumber Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Im 5,2 and 132 lb im uksize12
    Goal uk10
    but a size 8 is a dream lol
    so more size waist bodyfat than pounds
    But estimating 112 would be a good goal for me so 8 stone from 9,6 :-)
  • lauraweres
    lauraweres Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm 5ft 3 I currently weigh around 8st 9 , around Christmas time i was around 8st 6 which I quite liked ! ... I know it doesn't sound alot of difference but I have gained alot of fat and lost alot of muscle! ... around last September I did go to around 8st , however for me you could see all my bones and i looked ill ! I think people should go on fat percentage more then anything you could weigh 8st but have a fat percentage of 22% or be 8st and have a fat percentage of 15% (which is what I was) lean but too thin!
  • JoeyCW124
    JoeyCW124 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 2 and aiming for 8st 12. Then I'll reevaluate when I get there! I also hold weight in my boobs (30G - I've lost 1stone and my boobs haven't changed one bit) also have quite muscular thighs.
  • jbear713
    jbear713 Posts: 4 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I had to look at conversions for stones to pounds. I'm 5ft tall and my idea weight is 125lbs which comes up to about 2 stones I need to lose. I currently weigh about 12 stones. Although I have been smaller than that, I find that it is my most comfortable weight with some amount of muscle which I plan to obtain through strength training. Anyway, you can all dd me as friend if you like. I think there's more positive progress in groups on the same mission! Jeri
  • Fig_1946
    Fig_1946 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm just under 5'. Currently I weigh 138 and would like to get back down to 125.
  • Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 5ft0 and currently 7st 12 (110lbs) and 19% fat (on a home scale). I am an hourglass shape and hold most of my weight on my bum and tum. I thought I'd be happy around 7.7st (105lbs) but the weight has come off my legs and arms and ribcage etc. but my tum and bum still have more weight to go. (and I'd like smaller boobs). I'm thinking maybe some where around 7st2 (100lbs) may be the right spot.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    IMO everyone's body type or shape is different, and what is right for one person of a particular size will not negate the right size for another one..

5'4"
    CW = 115
    SW = 125
    GW = 110
  • FCFitness75
    FCFitness75 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11 and I'm currently 8st 7lbs, it's a healthy weight for my size but I know I feel more comfortable at around 7st 12lbs, so I'm aiming for that :) However my focus at the moment is really losing inches and getting stronger/fitter x
  • nicfitnesszone
    nicfitnesszone Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    5'0"
    PW: 103.5
    GW: 92 lbs
    CW: 91 lbs
  • squishprincess
    squishprincess Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    i'm 5ft and my weight is anywhere between 94 and 104 pounds. idk it differs depending on what my activity level is & what i'm eating. currently i've been working on gaining some lost weight back to fill out better, so i'm around 100.
  • NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    40 years old. 5 feet tall. Goal weight 113
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' foot and I've found that 118-125 is all a healthy plus happy range for me (although I can have more body fat and still be plenty healthy too). But that might depend on lean body mass. Most women our height have a lean body mass around 98 pounds, but the DXA scan showed mine at 104 pounds, so that means my healthy body weight will be higher than average. So it really depends a bit. I think an average healthy range for this height is 110-125 pounds

16440072.png
  • RainbowBrite86
    RainbowBrite86 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1-5'2 and currently weigh 210 and my GW is 170lbs for right now. :D
  • MochiCupcake
    MochiCupcake Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft and I weigh 8st/112lbs and I'm happy with that weight, although it is disproportionally distributed on my lower half!