Hi!!! Taking steps for a better life

Options
Howdy from Dallas, Texas! After loosing my son in 2009 I suffered from major depressive disorder and ptsd. After seeking medical attention, I was diagnosed and prescribed anti-depressants. Through my journey of grief I decided this is not how I could live the rest of my life if I was going to claim "LIVING". So, I made the decision to get motivated to start LIVING again. First thing, I had to do was start loosing the 84lbs I had gained over the last 6 years and start moving!!!! So here I am. I look forward to this new journey and the wonderful people I may meet along the way.

Replies

• moonbubbles
    moonbubbles Posts: 29 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Hello, gypsi :)

I wish you the very best in your journey. You CAN do this. <3

You're welcome to add me if you'd like. I'm new to the MFP forums here myself.
  • SusanRenee35
    SusanRenee35 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry to hear that :'( I can't even imagine what you have been through....it's now time for you! Time to reclaim YOU! You CAN & WILL DO this! We are all here fighting along with you in the same battle! Would love to watch & support you on your journey! <3 Feel free to add me :)
    Susan
  • hncary
    hncary Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    You are so strong for wanting to take control of things and work towards your goals. I can't imagine the pain you have felt and it is admirable that you are ready to pull yourself out of your depression. Feel free to add me; I'm here if you ever need to talk. I've dealt with depression many times and I know how hard it can be to say enough is enough and try to make your life better. Remember not to let the bad days bring you all the way back to the beginning. You can do this <3
  • therusticgypsigirl
    therusticgypsigirl Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your words of encouragement. All my friends are doing the gastric sleeve, and I don't judge their choice, but I need to do this for more than weight loss...but rather taking control of my life!