Need help with a hungry husband!

Options
leakarbacka
leakarbacka Posts: 5 Member
My husband has decided to start eating better. I am very proud of him and know how hard it is to be "good" so I'm reaching out to see if anybody can suggest some healthy recipes for dinners. He's a big guy, 6'2. He's not a soft, squishy guy, just needs to get rid of that belly. He loves his meats, salt and fat unfortunately. Please help!

Replies

• AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    I'd get him on MFP if he's willing. I'm not sure how big his, but I'm guessing just based off his height that he could be losing weight in the 2500-3000 calorie range, so it's not like he'll have to starve himself. There's nothing wrong with salt UNLESS he already has high blood pressure issues. There's also nothing wrong with dietary fat, it's very healthy for you. Basically he can really eat whatever he wants as long as he's running a deficit and he'll be losing weight. Meat is actually really good because it tends to be very filling.
  • gaelowyn_pt_duex
    gaelowyn_pt_duex Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    skinnytaste.com for recipes.. Grill Grill Grill a bunch of chicken breasts or thighs. Marinades for them can be easy- teriyaki, italian, mexican flavors. Grilled pork loin chops are easy as well. grilled steak. when my hub does his super low-carb thing, I make up a ton of grilled meats and brown up lean ground beef and ground turkey, adding home made no sugar taco seasonings. he loves it. can put it on salads, or zuchhini. very tastey.
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Lots of meat and protein will help to fill him up. Also some fats such as nuts, nut butters, avocados, fatty fish, etc helps to satisfy those ravenous appetites! Good luck!
  • dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Try substituting lean cuts of meat, chicken, pork tenderloin, beef filet, tri tip, salmon, tuna, etc. Lemon and lime juice, and vinegars make foods taste brighter so you need less salt. Try using more spice blends to add flavor instead of salt. Try substituting good fats for all the bad fats. Use avocado on burger and sandwiches. Get an olive oil sprayer and spray butter to try to reduce the amount of fat you use in cooking and for flavor.

I am really into Piri Piri right now. The sauce and seasoning is great on so much. soupspiceeverythingnice.blogspot.com/2015/03/piri-piri-chicken.html

Piri%2BPiri%2BChicken3.jpg
  • leakarbacka
    leakarbacka Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you everybody!! This will help!
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    mistikal13 wrote: »
    Lots of meat and protein will help to fill him up. Also some fats such as nuts, nut butters, avocados, fatty fish, etc helps to satisfy those ravenous appetites! Good luck!

This ^^
    Meat is fine. Just use healthier cooking methods like grilling, pan seering, baking more often than breading/frying.
    Fat is fine too. In fact, it's essential. Just don't go crazy with it, as it is higher in calories. But it can make food much more satisfying. Don't go too low fat.
    Experiment with herbs and spices as a way to use less salt. Salt free spice blends such as Mrs. Dash are good, as is cooking with fresh herbs.
    Stews and chili are very satisfying and filling and can be very healthy.
  • feisty_bucket
    feisty_bucket Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    Suggest to him to get on here and start tracking?