Looking to lose 97lbs...and in need of some friend requests.

Options
I've been using 'myfitnesspal' for 3 weeks now and have lost a total of 12 lbs so far- which I am very happy about, but I can't help feeling that I am in this alone. I have zero friends on here and am really looking for people who want to offer their support and get mine in return. It just seems to me that I am typing status's for the sake of typing them- because nobody actually reads them.
I want to lose weight because I hate the way that people judge me by my looks- my confidence is at rock bottom at the moment, but I'm getting there. I see this 'diet' as a lifestyle, rather than the hard project that it is. With the support of a few lovely people, I know that I'll reach my goal and you too will reach yours....

Replies

• milahoni
    milahoni Posts: 4
    Options
    Hey girl. You can add me. I am looking to lose 80lbs! Lets do this TOGETHER! Goodluck!
  • sreimer07
    sreimer07 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    You can add me! im lookig to lose 89 maybe more :)
  • Angel1066
    Angel1066 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Hey hon add me your not here alone
  • kaitlynsmom
    kaitlynsmom Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    You can add me also!!!
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I've set my total weightloss goal to 82 pounds. The BMI thing says it should be 100, but I don't want to be that small.
    I want to go by MY standards, not statistics. Be sure to build a good support system when using this site. Guaranteed, it really does help you stick to your goals. I would've never lasted this long without all my buddies. <3
  • GunslingerGirl
    GunslingerGirl Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Hey you can add me :smile: I'm hoping to lose 90.5 pounds :happy:
  • kristarablue
    kristarablue Posts: 707
    Options
    Well welcome to MFP...I will tell you the support system is an amazing thing. You can wait for people to friend you, however feel free to friend people you feel would be encouraging. Make sure you send a note with your friend requests, it is just really good manners and some people will not accept friends without a note. You can go to the "find members" tab and look for people in particular area's or that has lost or needs to lose a certain amount of weight so you feel you are among people that understand what you are going through. However I will say, I have friends that have lost 150 pounds and ones that have lost 20 and they are all amazing! It sounds like you are well on your way to making a life style change.. Rock on and congrats.
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Hey there -- welcome to MFP! This is a great community if you put yourself out there and ask for support and are willing to give it to others they will respond in troves!

I have about 80 to lose, but when I started I had more than 100 girl ... it is possible to reach those dreams we set.
    If you wanna know more about me... just check out my profile. And if you wanna be my friend... just send me a request!
  • pashinfrut
    pashinfrut Posts: 5
    Options
    You can add me too! I need all the support I can get. I have 80-100 more to go.

2257989.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • getitoffhord
    Options
    you can add me if you like. im trying to lose 50. This website has really jump started me. Weight loss is hard, but rewarding when you see what your sacrafices paid for!!
  • MClark71903
    Options
    Sent a friend request! You are not alone, we can all use motivation and support though. Congratulations on the first 12 though, you are off to a great start!
  • suniskys
    suniskys Posts: 23
    Options
    You can add me as well. Since I started my weightloss journey 2 years ago I've tried to lose 100lbs total. I need to lose another 40lbs. You can do this!
  • Beautiful_Fury
    Beautiful_Fury Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have 80 to 100 pounds to lose myself.. We can help to encourage eachother..

Congrats on your weight loss by the way.. That's a great start!!!

I'll send you a friend request :o)
  • eorourke23
    eorourke23 Posts: 56
    Options
    hi there add me, together and with all my friends we can do it, I am from scotland uk, :happy:
  • ProudMomoftwo
    ProudMomoftwo Posts: 525
    Options
    Great start!
    Add me if you like
  • tlcAK
    tlcAK Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I'm trying to lose 40ish...
  • laursey
    laursey Posts: 307
    Options
    I totally hear you. For weeks I would sign into MFP and a big caption would say "Laursey has NO friends". That sucked. :ohwell: I'm totally here to support and would appreciate support back. Add me as a friend it you'd like.

6143704.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • TracieJ65
    TracieJ65 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

I know exactly how you FEEL because that is exactly how I was but is was for about the first three months! I think I got my first MFP friend just after my third month! But I was on a mission, I was going to do it "this time," and just kept plugging away, day after day. NOW I am 16 months down the road, 110 pounds gone, and I have an excellent, huge, friends list and we all help each other. So I am living proof this can be done! I only have a little left to lose but I really think MFP is my lifelong friend because I will NEVER gain that weight back! But I am always there to encourage my friends along their path of this journey. So feel free to add me. Believe in yourself, you can do this, and the support of MFP friends helps, that is for sure.
  • jhigginb
    jhigginb Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I added you as a friend! :) I've got 50+ to lose still and we can support each other!
  • Winged_Victory
    Options
    I've got 85 to lose. We can help each other on the journey :-)