Need a break

Options
domidatt
domidatt Posts: 28 Member
edited May 2015 in Goal: Maintaining Weight
Hey people! So need some quick advice, I've worked out for a week straight and one day i was wondering if it would be bad if i took a day off from the gym? I just have no time tonight to go… and I'm exhausted.

Replies

• KatieLK14
    KatieLK14 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Have a break! There is no rule that you have to work out everyday. Listen to your body, if your body is telling you its exhausted, its for good reason. Give yourself time to heal.
  • KyleeNicolle
    KyleeNicolle Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Definitely do rest days!!! Your body needs them!!
  • andympanda
    andympanda Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Listen to your body, don't risk injury.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    You should have a minimum of 1 days rest per week imo so your body can recover. Rest is intrinsic to weight loss/ exercise straegy and being able to perform your best in the gym. Its a cliche but true, listen to your body.
  • williamwj2014
    williamwj2014 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    One day isn't going to do you any harm and if your exhausted, your performance in the gym will be off so take a break and come back with a vengeance!
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    "I've worked out" could mean anything!

But if you are exhausted then you need a break. Of course it's not bad to take a day off.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    i usually take the weekend off. when i started out though i too worked out every single day. there were days i could barely move my body, but i did it as i thought thats what you had to do.
  • Joannesmith2818
    Joannesmith2818 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Its good to have a break!
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    Take a week off if you like, it doesn't matter providing you adjust your caloric intake.
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Def take a break, nothing wrong with a rest day
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Take a break. You'll get an idea of when you should push yourself and when you just really need it. I skipped yesterday too, and felt bad-but I was so tired I might have hurt myself in the gym ha.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    It's good to take a rest day from workouts at least once a week or when your body lets you know that it needs one.