Horribly awesome foods

Options

Replies

• amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    so- I wouldn't eat anything of these. not going to lie. none of these sound good to me.

Same here to be honest. I don't like the way savory and sweet taste together (except for watermelon and local feta-like cheese salad).
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    I must that some of these photos make me want to become a vegan. Sorry, but just disgusting, especially the first one. These poor oreos :(
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    so- I wouldn't eat anything of these. not going to lie. none of these sound good to me.

Same here to be honest. I don't like the way savory and sweet taste together (except for watermelon and local feta-like cheese salad).

yeah- I like blueberries in my salad. and that's about as far as my sweet and savory goes. I like veggies and bacon (asparagus wrapped bacon- yes please) but sweet? nope not so much.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    The only way crispy bacon would appeal to me is with those Oreos.

Something about it just sounds amazing.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    Krispy-creme-Jelly-Dog.jpg&w=1484

This is local to me. Hot dog inside a Krispy Kreme glazed doughnut bun with bacon and raspberry jelly. Just came out this season. Come August when I go to a game, I'm getting one. You only live once, amirite?!!

Yeah same, savory and sweet is not really my thing, lol.
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    actually, i never figured savory and sweet would work until i actually made bacon chocolate chip cookies....it worked out pretty well...they didn't taste like BACON, it just added a rich and salty overtone to the cookie itself....
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Poutine. Fries, cheese curds, and gravy.

poutine-canada.jpg
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Chocolate banana cake.
    chocolate-banana-caramel-cake05.jpg

Vegan, gluten-free, with no added sugar.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    I wish I had a picture of the French toast I get at this local joint. Deep fried yummy goodness! I scarf it too fast.
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    My grandma use to make something very similar to this. She loved it. It made me want to puke every time. Sometimes I think I actually did!
    ef9quh4k4kkz.jpg

As for me I love my burger with peanut butter, bacon and an over easy egg. I love sweet and savory!!
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options

That's the first thing mentioned in the thread that's appealed to me.

• KatieLK14
    KatieLK14 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    A burger with poutine on it. YUM
  • Charliegottheruns
    Charliegottheruns Posts: 287 Member
    Options
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    Poutine. Fries, cheese curds, and gravy.

poutine-canada.jpg

Poutine. Yes. Poutine GOOOD. (about once every 6 months)

AGREED!

xc2omvnjpuuo.jpg
    And these bad boys, and their cousins dipped in blue cheese or a good ranch dressing!
    Otherwise, no. I'm a bacon purist.
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    Growing up we never combined sweet and savory. I guess it never occurred to my mother to do it. It wasn't until I was older that I overcame it. My first foray - a salad made with greens and dried cranberries - It was weird at first, but then I loved it! Hawaiian pizza... yum (even better with bacon added).

I'm still a bit tentative, but I'm definitely more open to it. I'm not sure I would try watermelon with cheese though... that reminds me, I saw Paula Dean make a watermelon salad with onions... blech, that sounds disgusting!
  • Charliegottheruns
    Charliegottheruns Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    zdyb23456 wrote: »
    Growing up we never combined sweet and savory. I guess it never occurred to my mother to do it. It wasn't until I was older that I overcame it. My first foray - a salad made with greens and dried cranberries - It was weird at first, but then I loved it! Hawaiian pizza... yum (even better with bacon added).

I'm still a bit tentative, but I'm definitely more open to it. I'm not sure I would try watermelon with cheese though... that reminds me, I saw Paula Dean make a watermelon salad with onions... blech, that sounds disgusting!

I eat my watermelon with my beets for the true vasodilation experience !
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Any salad with watermelon is good.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Ramen Burger. I was at a food festival and saw this ridiculously long line, then I saw it was for the ramen burger. It looks amazing. I'm going to try it this summer for sure.

http://kellysiewcooks.com/2013/08/30/the-latest-food-craze-ramen-burger/
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Ramen Burger. I was at a food festival and saw this ridiculously long line, then I saw it was for the ramen burger. It looks amazing. I'm going to try it this summer for sure.

http://kellysiewcooks.com/2013/08/30/the-latest-food-craze-ramen-burger/

I'd totally eat that. Doesn't look so hard to make either.
  • kokoAndorinha
    kokoAndorinha Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    why did I look at this, now I'm hungry again!